Ruger 77/50

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Muzzleloader looks very nice. I dont no anything about them. T/C and Knights are proven to be dependable.

Welcome to the forum.

nu2mz, i do not own the 77/50, however, i own 3 other ruger bolt-actions. as i understand it, the 77/50 is identical to ruger bolt actions in handling, quality, and function. the major drawback to ruger bolt-actions is that they have a kind of stiff trigger from the factory. however, i still am a HUGE fan of my rugers. that is a GREAT price for that gun, too . . . certainly a lot less than the gun is worth! the ruger is a quality american-made firearm, and that price isn't any more than you'd pay for a cheap import :!:

I agree -I grew up with Ruger revolvers,and have been fortunate enough to also try their shotgun (red label)and M77 centerfires-my .50 cal has a stock that seems suited for a 28 ga shotgun-I bought this version becouse of the straight grip and nice wood but with the cresent buttplate it is kind of brutal as far as recoil. the trigger has some creep on mine but isnt bad at all.the sights are almost too fine for my eyes and I look forward to putting a peep sight on it.back to the point I was starting out to make,the quality is outstanding in mine at least-wood to metal is good fit,the blued parts seemed to have been polished first,etc.I wish they made them to accept primers though.I may put a 209 breechplug in mine before its over. the one I have shoots very well with 100 grns 777 and 300 grn XTPS-

Latest posts

Back