Ruger ML 77/50 209 primer kit???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhino Hunter

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get one of these? I bought this gun for my Dad a few years ago and he would like this kit for Christmas.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

Rhino Hunter

nice one!

lucky you..... the ruger 77/50 is a sharp one.a nice collectors item and it shoots very nicely.

fav ml

from my experience,this gun prefers to shoot faster with lighter sabots around 240-260 gr 80-100grn ffg t7 using rem or win 209 primers.2 spit patches and the barrel is clean,no crude ring.house clean with T/C bore cleaner #13.maintian with a patch now and then with some windex on it.
the barrel is some very hard steel and excellent rifling.can be very fussy of what it likes.
do remeber 120ffg bp is pretty much the same pressure and velocities as rifles with longer barrels made to shoot 3 50gr pyrodex pellets(so-called magnums).-this is not saying use pellets in your's-.merely stating and trying to enlighten you that the ruger is an excellent rifle with a whole range of possibilities to customize.besides,it's a collectors item now and alot of guys are looking for one.
the 77/50 accepts many ruger model 77 aftermarket parts-custom stocks,performance triggers and springs.

Re: nice one!

pioneerhunter said:
lucky you..... the ruger 77/50 is a sharp one.a nice collectors item and it shoots very nicely.

I did a Google search before my post and did find the same source. But $60 seems a little ridiculous. I was hoping there was a less expensive source out there somewhere.

Thanx for your input.

Rhino Hunter

Re: nice one!

As it was pointed it out to me the other day.That is Canada Money and in US Dollars the amount would be 20% Less,there by the cost would be close to are about $49.00 US Dollars and with No Shipping charge's
I had order one from this place back a few months ago for a REM 700ML, and it only took 7 days from the time i order it until i got it in the mail and i live DEEP Southern Part of GA.
PS: you may have a hard time running one down now adays as they are not being made any more and this place was the makers of the best ones
Rhino Hunter said:
pioneerhunter said:

I did a Google search before my post and did find the same source. But $60 seems a little ridiculous. I was hoping there was a less expensive source out there somewhere.

Thanx for your input.

Rhino Hunter

They are getting harder to find. Cabela's does not seem to carry them new. I have found them in their bargain cave. If you go the bargain cave route, make sure that all the parts are there and that they are in good shape.

I have the 209 conversion that I keep around for when I get the itch to do some testing. However, I do not use it when I hunt with the rifle. It created more mess and the 209 caps would sometimes lodge themselves sideways after firing or re-cock the bolt.

I still use the #11 (CCI) breech plug and I have had no problems with the rifle going off using 777 as long as I firmly seat the cap. I use an old Knight fiber-lite capper that squeezes the cap on the nipple. If I place the #11 cap on with my fingers, the first pull of the trigger will usually only manage to seat the cap requiring a second pull of the trigger to ignite the cap.

209 primer

knight rifle supplied the ruger 209 primer breechplug and was offered through cabelas.i'm almost guessing green mountian barrel may have made the plug for knight to sell.might wanna call knight service dept or green mountian barrel to confirm.if green mountian barrel made it they probably have some in stock or can make one really quick for ya.last i heard they were about 20$-30$us.hope this helps.

I spoke to Ruger's customer service a few years ago about replacement breech plugs for the Ruger 77/50. At that time they only had #11 and musket cap breech plugs. They did not have a 209 flavor. Looking through Ruger catalogs of the years they listed the 77/50 show no 209 option.

The only 209 conversion kit that I have seen for the Ruger 77/50 at Cabela's is the one that Armurier Lavaltrie makes.

Not a 209 plug, but if you need any more #11 plugs I doubt you will find them any cheaper than here. $1.99 a piece!

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/rubrplstnewf.html

Does anyone know what diameter, length, and thread pitch is used on the Ruger #11 plugs?? If you have one available, could you measure it for me please?

Sorry to hear that.They must had of change it.But look at it like this.Back when Cabelas had them they were this high and you had to pay Shipping too,and that was about 10 Bucks more so you still come out good for the same Conversion kit
Rhino Hunter said:
I ordered one. FYI...they charge is US dollars, not Canadian. :(

I agree. The cool thing will be seeing the smile and my Dad's face when he opens his present at Christmas. :D

Merry Christma everyone.

RH

Merry Christmas to you too Rhino Hunter.I'll keep my fingers cross that you get it before Christmas.But when i order Rem 700ml conversion kit from them.It took 7 days from the time i order it until the mail man drop it off in my mail box.Lets hope your dad gets it by Christmas.
Good luck
Rhino Hunter said:
I agree. The cool thing will be seeing the smile and my Dad's face when he opens his present at Christmas. :D

Merry Christma everyone.

RH

Rhino Hunter said:
I ordered one. FYI...they charge is US dollars, not Canadian. :(

My bet is they charge whatever price happens to be on top. Now that the USD is back on top by about 20% it's back to that. I would also bet that when CAD was on top they were charging their price. That must be a PITA to have to keep track of that daily I'm sure. The retail market % would be mainly US customers no doubt.

SwampFox said:
Merry Christmas to you too Rhino Hunter.I'll keep my fingers cross that you get it before Christmas.But when i order Rem 700ml conversion kit from them.It took 7 days from the time i order it until the mail man drop it off in my mail box.Lets hope your dad gets it by Christmas.
Good luck
Rhino Hunter said:

Merry Christma everyone.

RH

Swamp Fox,

My Dad lives in Da' UP-about 300 miles away. We celebrate Christmas over New Years weekend. So I should easily have it by then. (I am a procrastinator sometimes...but I try hard not to be when it comes to Christmas gifts.) :wink:

Rhino Hunter

Back