RWS 1075 PLUS #11 CAPS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyzink

Reaction score
I would like to get 3 or 4 tins of these primers. I can not locate any here in Minnesota. Can anyone tell me where to get them. I
have no need for a 1000 of them that the websites that do have them want me to buy.

I am in southeast MN so I am close to Wisconsin and Iowa if there any in those areas?

billyzink said:

I think I have seen them in Cabelas...

One other thing you might be able to get a local sporting goods store to order some for you without buying them in bulk...

I just bought a few hundred at the same place (Ahlman's) I told you about that you bought your last ones. They are higher priced than they use to be though, they are 6.99 a hundred nowdaze.

flounder said:
I just bought a few hundred at the same place (Ahlman's) I told you about that you bought your last ones. They are higher priced than they use to be though, they are 6.99 a hundred nowdaze.

They are expensive out here also - but for myself hunting they are worth it... Range shooting I just use the CCI-Mags...

When did you get them flounder. I called several days ago and they did not have any!

I got them about two weeks ago and they had many on hand at that time. I would be very surprised if they were out. If you are really in a jam I could sell you a couple hundred but it would be an hours drive for you I imagine.

Flounder I called them again today and the salesman said they have them and have for quite a while. Evidently the last guy I talked to last time did not take the time to look! Now just have to find time to get out there!

Other than this place it seems #11 caps are dang near impossible to find around here. I prefer to use the New Remington caps in some of my rifles but I can't find them and I'm running quite low. Seems like another manufacturer created "shortage" designed to jack the prices up to new levels. :evil:

We have plenty around my area, but the rws are scarce. And when they are in stock they are $9.99 vs. $6.99 for Winchester CCI Rem. I wish I could find someone that carried them by the 1000 local. Great caps for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billyzink said:
Lots of Remington in my area

I honestly do not know that the Remington's are 40% hotter as described or as we would think they are. I can not prove it with pressure tests. They are or may be near 40% hotter than regular #11 caps but it appears they are no hotter than a CCI Mag #11. And they are certainly 40% hotter than the old Remington #11 caps. Way better than the original Remington cap.

Just throwing that out there...

flounder said:
Other than this place it seems #11 caps are dang near impossible to find around here. I prefer to use the New Remington caps in some of my rifles but I can't find them and I'm running quite low. Seems like another manufacturer created "shortage" designed to jack the prices up to new levels. :evil:

Art, I know Cabela's has them in stock. Ever think of getting a Musket Breech Plug for your Whites?? I like using them for hunting. The bad part is they are twice the cost of #11's.

Ed,
I don't shop at Cabelers much but the last two times I was in there they didn't have a #11 cap in the joint and didn't know when they would be able to get any. There is a Cabela's retail store about 20 miles from me. All Scheels had were the CCI regular and I didn't want them. I thought about buying some of the rws musket caps at Ahlman's but they were 10.99 a hundred and u know I'm a cheap skate.
The RWS 1075 are a great cap but they are just a little too tight so I like the Rems on some of my nipples. Is having a choice and having reasonable prices too dang much to ask these days?
I'm going to spend my time ice fishing for a while anyway so to let them replenish their supplies. 8)
Art

Latest posts

Back