Sabotloader costs me $$

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was happy the way my Knight was shooting but Sabotloader sent me some .458" Lehigh Defense 260 gr .458" bullets that he sized to .451 for me to try in my Knight Mountaineer. After removing the BP I had a bugger of a time trying to push them down the bore. I ran them thru my adjustable sizer at .4505" and they went down nice. I took my Knight and these out to the range today and was pleasantly surprised. I shot a couple at 50 yards to verify POI then put a target out to 100 yards. 3 shots in 1 MOA! They impacted a little low so I made a minor scope adjustment and felt cocky and put another target out to 200 yards. Fired one shot and looked through spotting scope to see impact then fired 2 more. (I was srprised that I was only about 2.5" low!) Still shooting 1 MOA (2" group @ 200 yds)! My last shot I held my 1 mil reticle on the bull and squeezed off the shot and almost put it right in the bull. No I have to contact Lehigh and purchase these fantastic shooting bullets.Knight Lehigh 100 yds.jpgKnight Lehigh 200 yards.jpg

Lehigh .458x260CF Sabotless

45-260-Sabotless.jpg

Ready.jpg

100 yard target

458-260-Sabotless-Target.jpg

Last edited:
+1 on the .458 260 Lehigh. Sabotloader turned me on to them as well and I’m glad he did. Nails game and very accurate. It has consistently delivered a three shot 2” group at 200 with my Knight.

Lehigh Defense, at this time does not have the 260's listed, they do have the sabotless 240 grain listed on the web site. Right after Wilson Combat purchased the Lehigh Bullets, they were initially listed on the web site.

At the current time SSK has only one bullet listed on the web site. Follow the link below.

https://www.sskfirearms.com/bullets.html
These bullets were built for another purpose but did not turn out to be what Dave wanted, so he offered them with a Crush Rib sabot to be shot in a 50 ML.

They really do shoot great!

SSK 265.JPGSSK .458x265.JPG

Last edited:
Gentlemen as I stated in my original post I was surprised that that bullet only dropped about 3" from 100 to 200 yards. Looking at the ballistics chart I had to over adjust my scope after shooting the 100 yard group. But without any more bullets to verify I'm assuming that is the only logical explanation. Not knowing the BC of that bullet and only guessing at the velocity there should have been about a 7"-10" drop minimum.
Still they held the 1 MOA accuracy.
Lehigh isn't making these bullets at present so I'm going to have to find an alternate or go back to my cast bullets.

Lehigh Defense, at this time does not have the 260's listed, they do have the sabotless 240 grain listed on the web site. Right after Wilson Combat purchased the Lehigh Bullets, they were initially listed on the web site.

At the current time SSK has only one bullet listed on the web site. Follow the link below.

https://www.sskfirearms.com/bullets.html
These bullets were built for another purpose but did not turn out to be what Dave wanted, so he offered them with a Crush Rib sabot to be shot in a 50 ML.

They really do shoot great!

View attachment 34981View attachment 34980
Mike,
The 260grn Brass sabot less bullet your shooting comes with the Mongrel.

Grouse the ones Mike is shooting and that he sent me to try are not brass they are copper. I believe the brass ones were called Bloodlines.
Ok, I saw mikes picture of brass bullets, that’s what I thought you guys were talking about. The Brass 260grn will come with the Mongrel. It never was a Bloodline bullet, offered by Knight. Not sure what SSK will call them?? I like the Bloodlines name.

Bloodlines, were/are great bullets but the name "Bloodline" was never my most favorite bullet name. I have no thought what name SSK might use for the bullets that are built for the SSK web site. And hopefully more brass bullets will be offered on the site. Time will tell....

can someone please expand on the pros and cons of a fracturing bullet such as the one by ssk or say a barnes tez. im looking for a new bullet for my knight mountaineer 50 cal. i was going to go with the 290 tez then read this post. looking for a whitetail load inside of 200 yards

The Barnes bullets are not fracturing. They’re a classic mushrooming type bullet at reasonable velocity. At very high velocity the petals do shear off.

Back