Sabots for .41 caliber bullets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbore442001

Reaction score
I have searched the internet for manufacturers of sabots and it seems that there is a focus on the use of 44 or 45 caliber pistol bullets for the .50 caliber muzzleloader and the .40 caliber for the 45 caliber muzzleloader.

I am wondering why no one has made a sabot for the 41 caliber bullet in either muzzleloading caliber?

u can get .40 cal bullets for a .50 cal gun from pr bullets they mite have a sobot forthose or direct u as to where to get them .

FWIW I tried some .410 pistol bullets in the Harvester CR sabot for .40 bullets in a .50 barrel and the .410's were too tight in my T/C Omegas. With .40 bullets the CR is too loose and I hoped the .410's would work, but no luck. I do not know of a sabot that is made for .410 bullets in .45 or .50 barrels.

Thanks for the replies. I wonder if one could take a .400 caliber 45 sabot and polish it out a bit to accept a .41 caliber bullet? The reason I am interested in this is that from what I read the .41 caliber bullet has a good track record in handgun hunting circles. I figure out of my new 45 caliber G2 muzzle loading barrel which will be cut to 16 inches should perform like a 44 mag Contender or so. If I can mimic something like a 41 Super mag or 41 GNR wildcat round it will be an exceptional performer on deer,black bear and wild boar.

Any thoughts? Maybe I have too much time on my hands.

Back