Sabots or Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobM

Reaction score
I have a new Omega and have sighted it in at 100 yds with 240gr. Hornaday Sabots with 100 gr of 777 pellets. I was wondering if there would be any advantage to switching to Bullets. I am new to all of this, any advise will be appreciated
Bob

Well if the 240 grain Hornady are working for you that is all fine and good. But it depends on what you are gong to be hunting. In your Omega you want a accurate hard hitting projectile. The 240 grain is generally a good shooter but there are better out there. Perhaps a 250 grain Shockwave with the same powder charge. Or a 260 grain Nosler Partition. Perhaps even some Parker Extreme or Speer Gold dots. All you can do is try different projectiles until you find a good accurate load that will take care of the animals you want to hunt. Many Omega's have a tight bore, so you might want to look at some of the Harvester Crushed Rib sabots, E-Z load sabots, or the MMP HPH-24 sabots. All of them will make loading easier for you.

Latest posts

Back