Samson is coming home !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Talk to my pal and Samson is ready to come home and be a part of the Rifleman clan tomorrow !

Here is Sam and her sister ! Looks like Samson is gonna be Samatha. we picked out the wrong pup and I brought her home, by the time I figure out I got the wrong pup she was allready in my heart. The sis is goin to daddy in laws. They allready chewed my cell phone charger cord in half and wrecked MRs Riflemans flowers ! Oh boy can't wait till she gets home!
100_0006.jpg

Rifleman said:
They allready chewed my cell phone charger cord in half and wrecked MRs Riflemans flowers !

They both look great. Hmmmmmmmm.............. Having a hard time telling the boys from the girls? I ain't gonna say any more! :shock: :lol: :lol:

It lools like the fun is just starting. :lol: I'll bet the first word they learn is NO!

I'll look for the housebreaking info. tonite. It really isn't applicable 'till they are 14 weeks old 'cause they won't have 100% control 'till then. "Dad I gotta go pee NOW!"

Well Samantha did ok last nite, I put her out about 9pm and got up this morning at 0430 and she had not messed her box. Took her out to go and she did. Brought her in and gave her some kibble,turned my head and she was gone ! You know it,right in on the new carpet and kerplunk! No problem got it cleaned up quick and took her outside to finish. Man what fun, :lol: :lol:

BTW took her in for a vet check late yesterday. Got her shots and they gave her a pill for fleas,one for worms, and some topical spray for a fleabite scab. She checked out ok except for fleas but the pill and some stuff they put on her should clear that up. Doc said bring her back in a month.

Best advice I got for house breaking was not to let the dog down on the floor in the house for the first 7-10 days. Either hold the dog or keep her in the coop. When you bring her outside pick her up and put her down in the same spot. When she goes make a big deal of it with lots of praise. Really go overboard with the praise. I would say "good pee" or "good poop" and again lots of praise. You're going to have accidents but you will minimize them this way. Tone of voice is very important... I hope this helps.

Jim

Great looking pup, Rifleman. Good luck with her. You will not regret that picked female. I had all males before my current dog. And now I think females are much easier to train, a lot softer then males and still are great hunters.

On the "pottyy training" issue, I second the command when you take her out. It doesn't really matter what it is, consistency is the key. I tell mine to "hurry up" and they will darn near pee on command every time, no matter how little comes out.

Good to hear that you got her in to the vet for her shots and a check-up. Those first shots are important, and as long as you keep the fleas at bay, you'll be a LOT better off! It took me over 2 years to get rid of them in the house that I had in Ca. The previous owners didn't seem to mind them, but I sure did!

Latest posts

Back