Savage and iron sights

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieHunter

Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the rear and front sights from the 10ML-II and replace them with flush screws if I don't want the front sights installed? If so, would Savage be the best source for these screws?

Yes but you should be able to get the screws at any gun shop that mounts scopes for their customers also. That's where I got mine and they loaded me up with different sizes. Shouldn't need any for a long while. :D

dwhunter said:
Yes but you should be able to get the screws at any gun shop that mounts scopes for their customers also. That's where I got mine and they loaded me up with different sizes. Shouldn't need any for a long while. :D

Agreed, I just call Savage for the exact size needed then find them locally.

HokieHunter said:
Is it possible to remove the rear and front sights from the 10ML-II and replace them with flush screws if I don't want the front sights installed? If so, would Savage be the best source for these screws?
Brownells can set you up, if you have no one close locally.

HokieHunter said:
The link that Gun Docc provided is probally what you are looking for.they come by the doz.,if you want to split a doz.let me know as I am going to do the same thing.

I melted paraffin wax in the holes.Build wax up above holes and trim off with flexable blade from throw-away razor.Looks better to me than screws.Seals holes from rust and removes with heat.

Just wondering. How does the wax stand up on a hot day with the sun beating down on it and a warm barrel from shooting at the range.

RAF,I never had a problem with it,but I'm careful with my guns.I wouldn't wipe it with a rag while it's very warm.I do cover my barrel on warm days with a slightly damp towel.One of the reasons I removed the sights was to be able to slide a towel under the scope with ease.

Latest posts

Back