savage vs Indiana 10 pointer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tick

Reaction score
I'd like to thank everyone on this board for the wealth of information that's provided. I don't post often but am continually learning from everyone. Opening morning I was in my stand and the deer were moving. After seeing the first doe with a small buck on her tail about 20 minutes after daylight, I just knew it was going to be a great day. At 8:00 A.M. I saw another doe moving through a thicket about 40 yds. to my left. About 20 yds. behind her was a real nice 10 pointer with real good mass. I had to make a quick decision as the doe never stopped and the buck wouldn't either. Decision made, I picked an opening. It was over about as soon as it started. That may sound pretty good but it wasn't nearly as good as the deer steak I just finished. I took the steaks and kept them in salted ice water for about 36 hours. Continually changing the bloody water for fresh. Then the steaks were marinated in Dale's Seasoning for 24 hours. Trimmed excess fat and talon and tenderized. A little flour, salt and pepper then dropped into some hot grease and fried. I had some oyster dressing left over from Thanksgiving and together they make up the best part of this story. Good luck to all this hunting season!

Tick,
Congrats on the nice 10 pointer...I haven't had breakfast yet but you're making me hungry. Post a picture when you can, we'd love to see him. Good luck, BOBinIN

Tick,
Congratulations. Hope you have a great rest of the year. Seems like your Savage is shooting again.
Steve
PS Gerald & Ila are well

Congrats on the kill.

My Savage has not taken anything yet this season, but I'm headed to the woods as soon as I log off. Weather is almost perfect today. Chilly, but not too cold, wind gusts only up to 5mph. And the best thing is that the deer were moving good last night when I went out shining.

Back