Scope for CVA Optima

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flats1

Reaction score
My dad is trying to find a scope for his Optima and is not having much luck. He has The Basspro shop steel rings and bases, and has tried the Bushnell Trophy and the bushnell Trophy Shotgun scope and neither of them will come back far enough. He has to lean way to far forward to get a clear view.

What can we do? Is there different rings and bases that would bring the scope back farther? What about another different scope? Thanks for any help

Eye relief.

It is partly the scope and the base. You will need to find a base that allows the front bell of the scope to come back farther.

If you are using a weaver type slotted base find one that has 4 slots machined into the base for more rearward placement of the rings.

Also the less expensive scopes do not have the eye relief that some of the more expensive scopes have such as leopold.

Do a search on Midway USA for more scope mounting options.

The bases he has on it know have 3 slots and Is a one piece. Do you think he needs to get a two piece?

I have looked all over and can not find a 4 slot base that fits. Would swithching to a 2 piece make the scope come back any farther?

Flats.. I am unfamiliar with the CVA scope mounting jazz.. Check and see if the bases can be turned around to gain a ring mounting position more to the rear...

ALSO...the Nikon Omega 3-9X40 scope has 5 inches of eye relief..that is HUGE! That's not a cheap scope but it has the most eye relief of any I can think of...

use the dura universal mount. it can be set up to work.i think cabellas has them. that is what i have on mine

Latest posts

Back