scope measurements needed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalberg

Reaction score
Can somebody with a Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32 and Warne bases and Warne QD rings measure the distance between the top of the barell and the bottom of the front of the scope. I am in need of this number to see it I need med or high rings to avoid seeing my rear sight in the scope. Thanks
Doug

Whether this will be of help.. I use Warne QD rings in medium. And on my White Ultra Mag there is a .236 gap between the barrel and the bottom of the scope bell. On my Knight Disc with the same rings, there is a .547 gap. I use weaver bases.

I can see the rear sight on 2x and just don't even concentrate on it. It's at the bottom of the scope sight at that power and the cross hairs are much higher up. On the high powers, you do not see the rear sight.

I would think with a set of medium bases, there should not be a problem and you could leave the rear sight on. I do...

That is really a devil to measure ... the rear sight is just far enough in front of the scope that you can't hardly get the caliper in there..

I was thinking of getting the mediums but hated to spend the money and not have them work. Maybe I will just bite the bullet and give them a try. Thanks for the help
Doug

Latest posts

Back