Scope mounts for a knight disc extreme.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris W.

Reaction score
UPS dropped off this little beauty last night while I was at work. I'd been contemplating picking up another Knight rifle, so when I saw they had the Disc Extreme on sale it was hard to pass up. Probably won't make it to the range until after this hunting season is over but I'm already starting to contemplate the setup on this rifle. I know Warne makes a set of bases for this rifle but what other options are available that might give a little more room for scope adjustment when mounting?

Attachments

• 20201111_225646.jpg
    20201111_225646.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 21
EGW has a 6061 extruded alloy base but honestly.....It dont thrill me. They dont offer one in a HD model.
https://www.egwguns.com/knight-bolt-action-muzzleloader-picatinny-rail-0-moa
Durasight used to sell a 2 piece steel base QR set. About the only adjustment was turning the bases around.

Loopie might still offer something in steel that will fit that is not listed but its gunna be very similar to Warnes with very little wiggle room. 2 piece bases that fit Rem 542? also fit Knights.

Ken Farrel sells a steel base but after getting the pic from him and the obvious blunder i saw...Well i did not get the warm fuzzies from a non milspec rail that cost over $115.
Anyone that knows Knights knows this will not fit.....I cant see how that much rail in the rear is going to clear the bolt handle. You can tell by looking at my Lehigh rail (no longer made)
Lt5eoLq.jpg

AwjY4zJ.jpg

So that leaves Murphy Precision and those are $125 in SS. True picatinny and machined from 17-4 SS or titanium for more $$$s

I have 3 Knights with the EGW 20moa rail and Vortex Picatinny rings. Vortex Viper scopes.
Just mounted the same setup for a good friend a few weeks ago.
I also have a few older Disc Knights with Leuopld 2pc bases using Burris Signature Rings with moa inserts.
No issues or complaints with either.
Good luck.

I like most of what EGW did but it would be much better as a HD model using either steel or 7075 billet. Just compare how the HD models are made vs the regular. I would pay $70 for a EGW HD no problem.

EGW has a 6061 extruded alloy base but honestly.....It dont thrill me. They dont offer one in a HD model.
https://www.egwguns.com/knight-bolt-action-muzzleloader-picatinny-rail-0-moa
Durasight used to sell a 2 piece steel base QR set. About the only adjustment was turning the bases around.

Loopie might still offer something in steel that will fit that is not listed but its gunna be very similar to Warnes with very little wiggle room. 2 piece bases that fit Rem 542? also fit Knights.

Ken Farrel sells a steel base but after getting the pic from him and the obvious blunder i saw...Well i did not get the warm fuzzies from a non milspec rail that cost over $115.
Anyone that knows Knights knows this will not fit.....I cant see how that much rail in the rear is going to clear the bolt handle. You can tell by looking at my Lehigh rail (no longer made)
Lt5eoLq.jpg

AwjY4zJ.jpg

So that leaves Murphy Precision and those are $125 in SS. True picatinny and machined from 17-4 SS or titanium for more $$$s

I recently bought the Murphy base and they now notch out the breech area which makes capping easier. I mated the Murphy rail with a set of Warne QD 30mm rings. This setup is rock solid. When I return the scope to the rail and make sure to push the scope all the way forward before tightening, I can't see any change to POI.

Appreciate the input. Definitely have some options to think about.

Latest posts

Back