scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on which model ? They start at $89 and go up to several hundred.
Some are made in China, some Japan.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a athlon midas btr with a moa reticle. I have a few vortex vipers a razor and I own 3 night nightforce scopes. The glass on the athlon midas line is comparable to the vortex viper in my opinion. I would purchase it again

We can probably point you to some reviews on the gun/hunting boards, but without a model, it's a bit of a guess how well your question is answered.

I have two of their upper end Cronus models - Japan made - glass is on par with NightForce SHV/NX glass, function has been OK - no duration testing yet.

Weight - they're heavy.

Reticle - has some "bleed" around the edges of the blackened lines when illuminated, not deal killer, but it's definitely there.

Last edited:
For that kind of money it is pretty tuff to beat a Sightron S111( $700 range) I also have a wide arange of mid to upper scopes . Nightforce NXS,Delta Stryker, Leupold VX6 HD and some Sightron S111s. Not to mention other brands. The Sightrons S111s has very good glass. In my opionion as good if not better than any of the brands I mentioned at half the price ! The Sightron S111 6x24x50 has 15 min per revolution with Zero stop. MOA version has hash marks in the scope but is not to busy like some scopes. They have a floating center dot that can be illuminated. I am a scope junkie ! I keep buying different scopes but i still can not find anything to compare to a Sightron for the money.

There is one other scope from what i have read that is very durable in that price range SWFA . I do not own one so i can not comment on the glass. I think Rick broke a SWFA super sniper last year. Which is very surprising.

If a person is wanting a fairly inexpensive scope that has a lot of options and seems to be very durable. Try Discovery Optics. I have a couple and my buddy has 3 . So far we have not been able to break them. They have decent glass with illumination. 1st or 2nd focal plane. Only bad thing about Discovery they only have 7.5 min per revolution but they are tuff and inexpensive. You can buy a scope with a lot of options for $200 or less. They are springer and BMG rated. The springer pellet gun guys are using the crap out of these Discovery scopes. If they will handle the recoil of a springer pellet gun the scope will normally handle anything. Like I said decent China glass absolutley does not have the clarity like Sightron but a lot less money.They are China made and there is only 1 distributor in the US. Air gun Optics. Great guy to deal with. Can not comment on there warranty but the scopes seems to be tuff. Several U tube videos torture testing Discovery scopes.

For what its worth thought I would just throw that out.
l

Love Sightrons, I have a bunch. I don't have any real high line... mostly mid line and a few low. Even their inexpensive lines are a pretty nice scope for the money. Way ahead of the typical cheaper scopes, imo.

Its been a long time ago . Randy Wakeman praised Sightrons cheaper scopes and how they would box text. I think its called Exact Tract erector? Something like that.

Very happy with my Sightron SIII 6-24x50. It holds its own really well compared to my Nightforce.

There is one other scope from what i have read that is very durable in that price range SWFA . I do not own one so i can not comment on the glass. I think Rick broke a SWFA super sniper last year. Which is very surprising.

Wow, that dont happen too often from what ive read. Their fixed power SS scopes are supposed to be very tough and great glass for that price range. Ive been considering the 16x42 just for range fun.

Ya i agree . I have read and watched all kinds of reviews on the SWFA scopes. They are suppose to be nearly bullet proof. Maybe Rick will comment. Im almost positive Rick had one fail during a match.

I bought a rifle that had a cheap Athion on it, and it was a piece of junk.

I wish there was an independent group, that measured the polishing quality of the glass, prior to coatings.

For my hunting rifles, I have found the 4.5x14x40 VariX III is very clear and works great in limited light.

Latest posts

Back