Cva optima v2 LR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackpowder8bore

Reaction score
I recently bought a cva optima v2LR with a Konus factory scope and it shoy touching groups right out of the box with 120grs of BH209 and 350 Harvester Sabretooths. It's awesome accurate. Not trying to change my load.
My question is does anybody have on game experience with these bullets?
What are the suitable for,deer and elk? The lead seems soft,readily expandable.

I recently bought a cva optima v2LR with a Konus factory scope and it shoy touching groups right out of the box with 120grs of BH209 and 350 Harvester Sabretooths. It's awesome accurate. Not trying to change my load.
With that charge of BH (YOU BETCHA !)

Thats deff " suitable " for deer, muley, elk, black bear, but you'll need to know your MV to run a ballistics app & see where your kinetic energy level stops being effective for those animals. Rule of thumb is 1000 ftlbs ke for deer, 1500 ftlbs ke for elk are the min. Where they fall on your drop chart will determine your " effective ethical hunting range " with that load.

Thats deff " suitable " for deer, muley, elk, black bear, but you'll need to know your MV to run a ballistics app & see where your kinetic energy level stops being effective for those animals. Rule of thumb is 1000 ftlbs ke for deer, 1500 ftlbs ke for elk are the min. Where they fall on your drop chart will determine your " effective ethical hunting range " with that load.
Thanks for the info.and I used that load because it shot best.

I have the same one. Mine too is a tack driver. I hunted the first yr with the Konus scope. Killed a deer at 200 yds. This pass season i upgrade scope's. I put a Leupold 3x9x40mm Ultrimate Slam ML scope on it.

Accura V2 with Nikon Muzzleloader scope.

FLBvgWul.png

Back