Scoping my Knight Original Disc

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I get to like this rifle more and more, I am thinking I will use it more. Because I am in Colorado, a scope is not an option during the muzzleloader season. But if I use it during regular rifle season and to hunt coyotes I can scope it and that means more practice with this rifle.

When I got it, it had Weaver style scope bases and rings on it, so its just a matter of picking out a scope and sighting it in...then pull the scope off for a bit of practice and ML season and back on for the rest of the time. I have several scopes sitting around, some vintage Japan glass, some El Paso Weaver and a newer Burris.

I have never realu thought about a scope for a Muzzleloader and after some reading, I didn't see that a special scope was required like with an air rifle. Is that correct? I don't want to ruin a scope, so I thought I would ask here before putting a scope on it.

20211104_163047.jpg

Those old weavers and the newer Burris should hold up just fine. Springer air rifles will kill a cheap scope in 100 shots or less.

You should be fine with anything that is decent quality. I've got Nikon, Bushnell, Leupold, & Sightron on mine...never an issue with any. I even had one with a cheap Tasco that came on it and it held zero with no issues, but I replaced it for a higher quality scope.

For many (~18) years I've hunted with a Burris 4x16 44 Signature scope atop my Ultimate Firearms muzzy. Lots of full power, heavy kicking loads and it still holds up well. Don't know if their quality/robustness is the same as it was though.

I put the 209 conversion on mine, it has 3x9x40 Nikon BDC with traditions rings, had original weaver bases. If I ever took my scope off I’d get the one piece DNZ bases.

Super DISC 45. Extreme conversion with Lehigh bare primer and Lehigh rail (no longer offered) Extreme stock too....Ooops dont have a newer pic of that.

Older pic with Warnes medium rings/bases and a Nikon Omega 3-9x40 scope. Not all that happy with those and eye relief over 3.7". Makes it hard to position the scope far enough forward.
UetR8y3.jpg

My biggest complaint is no one makes a really affordable base from steel or 7075 that will give you ample room to mount a 4" eye relief scope well. Year ago someone made steel 2 piece bases with 2 slots per base. Those helped some. Ideally i would like to see a rear base that uses all 3 holes and a front base that is a bit longer. Seems something like that could be made rather affordable and give you much better mounting options than the Warnes or Loopie bases.

Latest posts

Back