scored!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s great!!! Congrats!!!:lewis:

I’m heading back to my place in NW Oklahoma tomorrow for a funeral Monday morning, and I’m planning to get in a turkey hunt tomorrow afternoon.

Congrats! I was just wondering yesterday if you guys ever got er done.
It wasn't for the lack of trying. Hunting with me this past fall season & this spring season was A/C's first time turkey hunting. I'm really glad it wasn't a " One & Done " experience for him, or me with him. He/we had numerous opportunities & some very up close & personal experiences ( a cpl even inside 5yds ) We screwed up a cpl good op's & bumped them off the roost walking to our spots ( even roosted in a tree 10' from where we sit at one of them ). He got to hear what a deer close by sounds like blowing at us when it winded us, turkey sneak up within a few feet from behind him & a whole group walk right up to us within just a few feet. He earned his first bird & got a good understanding of why sooo many love the challenge of turkey hunting. Even in Ninerings backyard, where some very large groups of turkeys are almost daily, it is still a challenge to hunt them & alot goes into hunting them. I can't wait to do it again with him.

I stood in your blind for a minute on Friday. Then we shot the Paramount for a couple hours. Then a hen and a Tom walked through the shooting land west of your blind!! Great location!
Yesssssss, I had forgotten all about that happening. Decay was standing in our spot getting the full view of everything at the " T " just past the 200yd target, where A/C got his bird, when there goes a mature hen across the shooting range, which would have been just over A/C's right shoulder. Then the nice gobbler pops out following behind the hen. They went through the fence opening to the property to the south - where A/C's bird came from. It is a great spot indeed. I'm so glad that you got to see it & we got to spend the entire afternoon, until it was getting dark, shooting my Paramount, & a few hrs the next day shooting some MouseFart load development in my Accura with these 155gr bullets. I've had a blast with you & A/C this wknd.

Back