Season Ender

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said Mr Tom. As soon as season ends I make contact with land owners for the following year. I start making hunting and fishing plans for in and out of state. Take an inventory to make sure I have what is needed. See deadlines for out of state licenses. Start ordering the needed goodies. I keep an inventory of what guns I want to "improve" and start doing a little smithing. Hit the range and tweak the guns and loads for the coming year. Then start shooting for good old fashion fun. Just to throw lead and experiment.

Your right. It never ends. Thank goodness.

I no longer ice fish and if I just sat in the house all winter I'd go stark raving crazy. I love the woods and when the weather's temps are above 20 degrees I don't have breathing issues and would just as soon be out in the woods seeing what is happening. The only things I take along are the phone for the camera and the binoculars and maybe a package of sticks or jerky along with a bottle of water. My trips afield are generally under two hours but in that time I get some much needed exercise in FRESH air and usually learn an awful lot about what the next year may come to look like.

And trust me on this, exercise in cold, clear air is 100 times more beneficial to you than exercise in any closed environment.

It never ends now you can start prepping for next year
Every day out there is a good day

Back