Set Trigger

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having troubles with new Traditions percussion. Set trigger doesn't set. Delayed ignition I believe is from delayed hammer fall. Have not had a chance to look at it yet. Any comments or ideas appreciated.

I am not familiar with Traditions but if it’s like a TC there should be a little screw between the 2 triggers, if so that little screw is probably turned in to far?

With the hammer down and in half cock position, turn that little screw out (counter clockwise) a full turn or maybe 2, with the hammer stil in the half cock position pull the rear ‘set trigger’ it should make a ‘click’ and hold, but if not? Turn that little screw out more and try again, once you get it to hold, then slowly turn that little screw back in (clockwise) until it releases the front trigger, take note of the location of that little screw where it released the front trigger, now turn that little screw back out (counter clockwise) 1 full turn. From that point you can ‘fine tune’ the set trigger by turning in slightly to decrease the main trigger pull, or counter clockwise to increase the main trigger pull. That is how i adjust my TC set triggers

Back