Shight Adjustment

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcat2

Reaction score
Well was out on the maiden shoot on my henry build. So much snow here that I only got to shoot 100 yards at a friend's camp ,anyway the gun really shot good.inch and a half groups with two different loads. I was shooting GG 530 grain elip.baco.bullet. Going to Oakridge next week to shoot. CAN anyone give me how many minutes to move my Lee Shaver for the longer range.Going up to our round ball club to shight on the 585 yard target he has there.Don't have a lot of bullets to spare doing this so some help on some setting would be appreciated. Thanks .

These come-ups are approximate.

From 100 to 200 come up 10 minutes
From 200 to 300 come up 15 minutes
From 300 to 400 come up 15 minutes
From 400 to 500 come up 20 minutes

Paul

600 yds. is about 77 minutes on your sight. this is old setting I have. So dont know your load. this one is based on about 1300 fps velocity. Be advised take someone with you to aspot for you

Thanks guys, just got a chance to look at my post. My load 45cal was 80gr by weight, 2ff goex.hope to see you there 45cal. Hope to try these tomorrow or friday.

Here is 530gr at 1300fps, BC 0.37 that I ran earlier, now I see you load.
You probably have a slightly lower MV.

close up.

It's a start..

Attachments

• Traj 1000 full.jpg
    Traj 1000 full.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Traj 1000 LRML.jpg
    Traj 1000 LRML.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 64
Ok,then should I up my load to 90 grain by weight for more velocity?

wildcat2 said:
Ok,then should I up my load to 90 grain by weight for more velocity?
Negative, shoot the most accurate load you can shoot..
Tom Schiffer won Oak Ridge years ago with a 65gr charge and GG bullets - I believe it was before Swiss can out.

Back