Shoot....file....tap Shoot....file....tap!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpsman

Reaction score
With a process of Shoot....file....tap I'm finally getting this Hawken to shoot where I'm pointing it. I've got the rear sight regulated for windage pretty well and using a 6 o/clock hold on this piece of tape you can observe where the shots are hitting. This is with 90 grs. KIK 2F powder. With 100 grs. of same powder at 50 yards the POI will be 5-6" higher which is what I desire. I may have to take the front sight down just a bit more! I'll find out tomorrow weather permitting. :cheers: ;) I also fired these rounds with NO wiping!

24732087894_c2e374f07c_c.jpg
canvas by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

Wow your eyes are better than mine. I doubt I could even see tape good enough to even shoot a group that good at 60 yards. Al

Called meaning he "called" the shot being pulled off target. You know when you shoot and exactly after the rifle goes off... Ahhhhh! I pulled that one a bit.

Old Smoke said:
Well, that is some good shootin'!
I believe the rifle shoots good enuff to kill a nice buck this coming September during the ML season in Kansas! I hunted there last season for six days, saw probably 25-30 bucks but never touched the trigger! I'm kinda 'picky' about what I shoot! The grandkids usually provide us with the meat we need! This is what we'll be doing real soon:

17018534510_771d3fee41_c.jpg
Grandsonsturk by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

Hard to beat fried turkey breast! :cheers: :cheers:

Sharpsman, what is your recipe for frying wild turkey breast? I have fried the whole domestic turkeys but have never tried the wild breast.

Thanks
Glenn

Fishunt said:
Sharpsman, what is your recipe for frying wild turkey breast? I have fried the whole domestic turkeys but have never tried the wild breast.

Thanks
Glenn
Just hang on! I'll get it for you a bit later! Had a long day and I'm hitting the sack! :dodo:

Latest posts

Back