Shot my knight again today...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
Shot my .45 Disc Elite with a load of 110g of BH, a 200 SW in the tan MMP sabot, and a CCI 209m. The results were much better... 1.5" three shot group at 100 yards and the scope is set about 1 1/2" high. I then set a deer target up at 200 yards and aimed with the top of the "fat" part of the vertical cross hair... dead deer! That shot missed my point of aim one inch high and about 1 1/2" to the right. I do have both the smooth and crushed rib's coming to try out, so we will see how those act in my gun. By the way, the base of the tan MMP's did look somewhat stressed, but they held together well and there was no petal loss.

Very nice shooting.. that's pretty cool to know that you could hit all the way out to 200 yards if you had to.

"By the way, the base of the tan MMP's did look somewhat stressed, but they held together well and there was no petal loss."

That was my experience too. The Harvester smooth light blue sabots tightened up my groups over the MMP tan.

Great report Flint :) Glad to see things working out so well 8)

Reese said:
"By the way, the base of the tan MMP's did look somewhat stressed, but they held together well and there was no petal loss."

That was my experience too. The Harvester smooth light blue sabots tightened up my groups over the MMP tan.

Ya know Reese, I've got to try those smooth Blue Harvesters the next time out also! The Tan give me real tight groups even with 120g BH209, so Sub-MOA will be REAL cool 8) :D

Yeah, I was pretty sure it was those green sabot's that were the cluprit of my bad shooting... but it is really nice to KNOW that's what it was. I have some smooth blue's on the way, so if gets better then it is now that would be awesome! Did anyone ever actually call Hornady to see if the rumors were true about the tougher 200 SST?

flint head said:
Yeah, I was pretty sure it was those green sabot's that were the cluprit of my bad shooting... but it is really nice to KNOW that's what it was. I have some smooth blue's on the way, so if gets better than it is now that would be awesome! Did anyone ever actually call Hornady to see if the rumors were true about the tougher 200 SST?

I think they are tough enough already :wink:

Take a 200g Shockwave or SST and put it in a vice, tail to tip and squash it as flat as you can. The copper jacket does NOT split or crack, and it's Extremely hard to compress it :shock: :wink:
The lead inside, is much harder than that of the 200g 40cal XTP.

Back