should I get a turret press

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
right now I have a lee classic C press, handpress and a well, I am sad to say, a smartloader omega O press. set right now for sizing cast bullets.

I am planning on loading for the 7.62x54r, 9mm and maybe (if I get one) 45 apc

should I upgrade just for loading centerfires to a turret press or just keep with what I got?

9mm, I can go thru 50rds is in one range session, most the time I don't

7.62x54r, to get what I want, I have to load for it

45acp, I have a friend that owns a 1911, I am planning on getting one this coming year. so if I am lucky we can use the same loads out of it.

I usually make decisions like this myself. I know what I need, and can afford. I'm sure you do to.

Are you using us to convince your wife? :D

not for this chrismas at least,

I have 3 press' now, I could set up a nice little work station. but is a convenience factor.

I have a idea of which one I would like to have and the cost is not that bad.

I know. I'm trying to get him to make decisions on his own.

Although i'm guilty of asking Jon about something i'm thinking about buying. So, who am I to talk? :scratch:

Most of the times when it concerns guns i don't listen to good advice either !

I know. We ask for advice hoping they'll agree with us. It gets confusing when they don't.

I was going to say two old guys rambling, but looking at spitfire's age, there is only one old fart rambing lol

sorry could not help myself.

I see what I get into later this coming year on reloading. see if I get annoyed switching out dies all the time

Congrats corey ! I knew we would'nt be able to talk you out of it....!! :lol:

I have 3 single stage presses set up. One to reload .. mostly rifle shells for hunting, one to form brass (currently .308 to .44 Auto Mag.) and one to throw away. The throw away is a Lee cast pos that the handle broke in two when trying to reform brass. I don't like Lee stuff. It's made too cheaply and doesn't last.

If you load pistol shells in quantity, a turret makes a lot of sense because you can go from start to finish without changing dies. Just make sure that you buy a good quality one - not a Lee. Carbide sizing dies make sense too.

Yeah a top quality press is a must and as you'll want it to last buy the best you can afford....

Back