Should I shoot it?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDM4C

Reaction score
I bought a Whites in-line awhile back on an auction. After receiving it I saw the name on the original box as belonging to Jim Zumbo. My conundrum is do I shoot it or pass it along to a collector that will get more enjoyment out of it than me.

Attachments

• 88DF8441-09D1-4E38-96D6-6655DF103CD7.jpeg
    88DF8441-09D1-4E38-96D6-6655DF103CD7.jpeg
    863.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 76D45C0D-9613-4437-BA4A-E6866FA96CF8.jpeg
    76D45C0D-9613-4437-BA4A-E6866FA96CF8.jpeg
    760 KB · Views: 2
According to Wikipedia

James A. Zumbo (born November 9, 1940) is a firearms and hunting commentator and writer. Until February 2007, he was the hunting editor for Outdoor Life magazine and host of the television program Jim Zumbo Outdoors on The Outdoor Channel. He was removed from both positions after he criticized the use of semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15 and AK-47 for hunting in his blog. On July 3, 2007 Zumbo's TV show went back on the air.

Seems to still be alive, maybe try and ask him. If I bought it to shoot, I would shoot it.

I agree - the fact that’s it’s new unfired (if it is) and in the box adds more to the value than the fact that Zumbo was the first owner.

I don’t know what you paid for it, but if it’s unfired it would probably go for $700-$900 or more on Gunbroker.

Shoot it. He isn’t famous enough or even a celebrity for that matter. Now if he was known everywhere and a household name I might have different thoughts about it. But even then without documented providence about it the gun could be different from what was in the box too.

This is what Muzzy and I did. I included Muzzy because he pointed me to the gun.

The anniversary issue that I told about here went to a military mans family. For no markup or profit. Im sure the gun is worth way more than what It sold for but I have a soft spot for military people. The new owner assures me it will be a safe queen or a wall hanger. I dont want a gun I cant shoot.

I bought a NIB Knight from Flounder. I did debate shooting it but all guns start out NIB somewhere. I shot it. Enjoy it big time.

Latest posts

Back