Sig Sauer combat shooting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
sig001.jpg

Today was a day that could not decide if it wanted to rain or not. But I wanted to shoot. So I decided the Sig Sauer 522 would be perfect today. I could shoot, not worry about powder, blow off a lot of rounds, have fun, and get in some practice.

So I loaded up the two 25 shot Black Dog magazines I have and the 9 shot that came with the rifle. So basically 59 rounds without pausing. Now that has to be a good time.

First I shot some spinner targets and as always they just went crazy from the sig sauer with that 4x mil dot scope. So I decided to do some combat style shooting.

When I was a police officer we would shoot 25 yards from a baracade position with handguns, 15 yards free standing, 7 yards point shoulder, and 3 yards no aiming, just pull and shoot. With the rifle I decided to do the 25, 15 and 7 yard shooting.

As the target shows, at 25 yards I did tend to spray that target. I fired off 59 rounds and while the groups is not impressive, consider this is rapid fire, as fast as you can pull the trigger. The Sig Sauer with the front grip held easy once I had the scope on target and it was jumping a little which of course caused the spraying. But I held that target later, against my chest and realized the over all fire power you'd have with loading a dead center mass shot using the Sig Sauer.

15 yards the groups tightened up much more. And again, the fire power this little rifle has might not seem like much to some, but you'd not want to have it used on you. The .22 is an under rated round.

At 7 yards, you can see in the upper bull what started happening. Granted some of those were in there, but at that range, the group was tight and deadly.

Over all if you take your time, this rifle is very accurate. If you just want to burn ammo, this is the rifle for you. Not one misfire, jam, or fail to fire today. I never knew a rifle could be this fun.

Next time I want to shoot double targets. But at different distances. I was doing some double taps with the rifle today, but noticed the second tap was a little off. I blame the fact I just don't shoot that much anymore in this mode. But over all it was a wild time out there. Even though it rained on me twice.

Latest posts

Back