Sighting In With Just 2 Shots!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using this method for years, and it is best to have a vice. This gets you very close without counting clicks and worrying if your scope is 1/4 or 1/3 moa clicks. Really is best with a vice and two people. One to look at the crosshairs while the other turns the dials. Just have them move the crosshairs from the bullseye to the bullet hole without moving the rifle and you are there. You also need a SOLID table. One that wobbles even a little bit will not work as you will never be able to keep the rifle locked down. Of course, you should still see if 3-5 shot groups are working with the load you are using.

I see guys at the range shooting 6-10 shots, adjusting the scope and walking the bullets into the spot they want. For me, ammo is getting too expensive to waste those shots.

Batchief909 said:
Sorry,,,,I don't buy it. 8)

I've been doing it for YEARS! It is much more simple than it sounds. That's the way I ALWAYS sight in a rifle/muzzleloader with a scope. Of course I've bore-sighted the gun the best I can FIRST.

Heck, you don't even need 2 shots if you have good scope,

:D
Measure how far you are off then just count off the clicks, 16 to an inch at 25 yds with most hunting scopes and go home...But what fun would that be. :lol: I couldn't resist :roll:
Physics really works, no matter how you do it you're just forcing the crosshair or sight to show you where bullet hits under a given condition.

in an ideal world...

If you are firing a rifle that puts them all to the same hole and are fully confident of those two shots... you can call your rifle sighted in after performing that procedure carefully. Certainly beats the guys that have a new rifle bore sighted at the shop and then head to the hunting woods.

But I don't think many of us EVER fire only two shots. I would look at the method as an extension of your bore sighting and it should get you even closer, ready to fire a group.

But I don't think many of us EVER fire only two shots. I would look at the method as an extension of your bore sighting and it should get you even closer, ready to fire a group.

ABSOLUTELY!

"Sighting in with just 2 shots" was why I wasn't buying it. Utilizing this method to get "CLOSE with just 2 shots" I'll agree with. I've done this several times, myself.

Although I'm positive that most folks wouldn't call it quits after 2 shots,,,,,there are surely a few that would.

:wink:

Although I'm positive that most folks wouldn't call it quits after 2 shots,,,,,there are surely a few that would.

ABSOLUTELY! :lol:

Hey...I actually KNOW folks that since they have had their gun BORESIGHTED where it is bought..go HUNTING with it the next DAY! NO shots much less TWO shots! :shock: :lol:

But I'm still in a pretty good mood this am! :lol:

Latest posts

Back