Simmons Whitetail Expedition

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redfish

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these scopes?I'am looking at a 1.5x6x32 for a .50 cal inline.I wounder how they handle recoil.For the money they don't look bad.

Chuck (Big6x6) has a few of these scopes, I am sure he will chime in soon..

They are likely the best scope with the Simmons name on the side and they will handle the recoil with a good amount of eye relief..

Was a little disappointed in mine. The center was bright and clear but there was distortion around the outer edges of the glass. Not saying their all like that, just my experience.

redfish said:
Anyone have any experience with these scopes?I'am looking at a 1.5x6x32 for a .50 cal inline.I wounder how they handle recoil.For the money they don't look bad.

I've had a couple of them. The last one was a 1.5-6. I thought it was a pretty good scope. It was the best Simmons scope I've seen by a good bit. That's the scope my friend Terrell used to kill his hog as Loshbaugh in the spring. He now has it on his Disc Elite! It has no problems with handling recoil whatsoever. Optically, I didn't see a lot of difference between it and a Bushnell 3200..

Back