• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Snider-Enfield .577

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAPMFF

Reaction score
Looking to move some of my collection around. I have for sale this Snider-Enfield, which was the Snider conversion to earlier P1853 Enfield Rifles. This gun started life in 1859 as a typical P1853, and was converted sometime after 1866 to a breechloader taking the metallic BP cartridge. Wood is in decent shape for a rifle of this era, metal has a nice patina with no surface rust present, bore is dark but still has strong rifling, it shoots well with no problems, brass is easily available is easy to reload with in a single stage press. However this falls outside the scope of my Civil War collecting era. Asking $700 shipped.

IMG_5345.jpeg

IMG_5347.jpeg

IMG_5348.jpeg

Brass rounds there, I get them from Martyn Robinson at x-ring services, little operation out of Washington state iirc, does good stuff and is a big supporter of the snider and martini henry community.

IMG_4887.jpeg

Is this a Canadian service rifle?

I was told by whom I bought it from that it was, who lived up in B.C., however I didn't ask for any provenance and didn't record what he told me. There are no Dominion of Canada stamps on it that I can see, but I am very far from an expert on these rifles, so possibly?

Latest posts

Back