So bear hunting with with a muzzleloader scares ya?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Oh yeah?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rOfY5aLOLbg" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

And so many people say you can't kill one with a round ball I say they are full of **** and don't know what they are talking about

I'd like to see a video of a PRB killing a grizzly? Not saying it can't be done. I'd just like to see it.

I watched my buddy put 6 .44mags in a grizz and it kept on coming. He was 15ft away.

Just started a new book. A feller in the lewis and clark expedition shot a grizzly in the head. He killed it with one shot.

My Son says I'm crazy hunting Hogs with a Muzzleloader.

Was wanting to go on Black Bear Hunt next month but my Boss said no we are going Fishing. I'm questioning her sanity wanting to swim in the swamp in Louisiana, where we have a Houseboat Booked.

oneshot

FrontierGander said:
Just started a new book. A feller in the lewis and clark expedition shot a grizzly in the head. He killed it with one shot.
 Tall tales Jon. Show us a video.

highly unlikely a tall tale. I've read about it in other books as well. This case, the guy climbed a tree and started yelling to bring the bear out of the thicket. He shot the bear straight through the head.

Most times, the hunters that shot them, were running for their lives :lol!:

I have a better chance with a crossbow than you do with a round ball. Talk to Brown Bear. He lives in Alaska. They use heavy conicals on grizz. You know he's a traditional PRB guy but he's not dumb enough to use a PRB on the wrong game and a grizz is wrong. 

I'm sure you know that. A PRB does have it's limits. Just like any other ammo.

I watched a video of another fool trying to hunt for a cape buffalo with a spear. He finally got close enough and flung the spear. It bounced off the buffalo's head and then he charged the hunter. The video ended with the fool running for his life. I got a good laugh from that one. I think the grizz hunter in this threads video would have the same result.

OldMtnMan said:
Ok, make sure you video your next grizz hunt.
A friend that is the original owner of a GRRW Hawken half stock percussion rifle built in 1973 serial number H04 killed a nice grizzly at 60 yards a few years ago in Alaska. Then his son killed a moose with the same gun two days later out of the same camp. Round ball's do a fine job, its all about ball placement.

I don't question the size of the guys nutsack, I do however question his mental health......

He what we would refer to as a temporary Australian or a Darwin Award contender.  :Red tup:

Buck Conner said:
OldMtnMan said:
Ok, make sure you video your next grizz hunt.
A friend that is the original owner of a GRRW Hawken half stock percussion rifle built in 1973 serial number H04 killed a nice grizzly at 60 yards a few years ago in Alaska. Then his son killed a moose with the same gun two days later out of the same camp. Round ball's do a fine job, its all about ball placement.
What caliber?

Dwayne is 83 years old, has hunted everything in North America and since 1973 used his GRRW rifles. He likes to get in close knows his quarry's structure and where to hit them. The Hawken is a .58 caliber and his Northwest Trade Gun (backup) is in .600 diameter. The Hawken is a percussion gun and the NW Gun is a flint converted to percussion mainly because of some of the weather conditions they hunt in. These are his main hunting weapons, his 'show and tell' is his GRRW J&S Hawken (full stock flinter in .58 caliber) this is referred to by the collector's as the "Holy Grail" beginning the first early style Hawken full stock flint rifle built in modern time from the only original known built a 130 years before. This the one you have all read about in 1972-73 articles in Buckskin Report, Muzzle Blast's and several other gun related magazines. When the original owner passed away last year his wife made sure that's Rod's best friend - Dwayne got the rifle.

Latest posts

Back