So bear hunting with with a muzzleloader scares ya?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see a .58 with a good load of powder killing a grizz with good shot placement.
I still question a .54 doing it and a .50 like Jon is talking about is suicide.

When I was in Alaska the guides were using a .458 mag to stop a charging grizz, and that's what I carried when working the gold claim with a bud.

It shot a 500gr bullet at 2200fps and had over 5000fpe. That's what I call a grizz gun.  :D

Mike in Oz said:
I don't question the size of the guys nutsack, I do however question his mental health......
 :Red tup:
If you want the experience of what your forefather may have gone through, try a muzzleloading traditional in flint or percussion. Do as your counterparts do (archery) move in as close as possible. Do you still remember how to stalk your game (you wouldn't believe some of these so called sportsman that don't have a clue).

Like my old friend I mentioned, were lucky to live on the edge of a US National Forest (Roosevelt near Estes Park CO). We see moose, elk, mountain sheep & goat, white & mule deer, wolves and those bad ass black bears. This is a limited area, lots of private ground (you need to know a property owner to have a chance at what your hunting). Late seasons are best as the modern rifle guys don't like to fight the snow, sometimes up to your belt buckle. Grit your teeth and bare it has always been our thoughts.

"don't question the size of the guys nutsack, I do however question his mental health"
That has never been even a second thought Mike. This is what we like to do and how we approach our game - "close and straight forward".

I didn't know you hunted with a spear Buck? That's what he's talking about.

I couldnt hunt wit ha spear. I can barely throw a rock or football accurately lmao.

Buck Conner said:
Mike in Oz said:
I don't question the size of the guys nutsack, I do however question his mental health......
 :Red tup:
If you want the experience of what your forefather may have gone through, try a muzzleloading traditional in flint or percussion. Do as your counterparts do (archery) move in as close as possible. Do you still remember how to stalk your game (you wouldn't believe some of these so called sportsman that don't have a clue).
Mate, I've got no issue with traditional hunting with my flintlock but going after a grizzly with a only a spear, makes me think the bloke has got a few roo's loose in the top paddock.....

Latest posts

Back