So I did a thing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoobilly

Reaction score
After owning the Encore with the converted Bergara 45-70 for 3 years I thought I wanted another break action and bought the CVA Scout V2 to convert. Well plans change as I been seeing many who converted the Remington 700 ML into a 45 smokeless.

So I bought one on gunbroker. Waiting patiently for it to arrive. Once it’s here I’ll be ordering a barrel for it. Who would you recommend for the barrel?

Should I go with a prefit?

Attachments

• 48C091C0-F60D-4960-8705-6D45E66F7E6A.jpeg
    48C091C0-F60D-4960-8705-6D45E66F7E6A.jpeg
    960.7 KB · Views: 1
well I guess its gonna be a McGowan barrel
Arrowhead doesn't have barrels. So basically I will need the kit to convert the ML bolt to LRMP etc
get the breech. Get the barrel bought and then put it all together. I might have the CVA converted and flip it. Or just sell it like it is and let someone else do that work

well I guess its gonna be a McGowan barrel
Arrowhead doesn't have barrels. So basically I will need the kit to convert the ML bolt to LRMP etc
get the breech. Get the barrel bought and then put it all together. I might have the CVA converted and flip it. Or just sell it like it is and let someone else do that work
How is Retention Screw wear with the LRMPs?

I started making my own Retention Screws this year and seem to have the wear issue under control using 209s for the time being. I am only putting about 25 rounds through it a year though. I am happy so far.

I know many people converted 700mls to smokeless barrels in the past. There has to be someone out there that still does this.

Back