Son’s First Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outstanding and I know you are a very proud papa. Same bullet that took a nice buck for my son.

1BLNaach.jpg

Congratulations young man and also to you dad for making this possible!
I still remember my son's first deer and all four of my grandkids. A wonderful feeling!!!

That's why I don't see any bucks, the young guys get them first.:2cool: Great job and nice performance from the bullet but surprised they didn't pass through at range mentioned.

View attachment 17002View attachment 17003View attachment 17004 Proud Dad moment! Early Muzzleloader Season here in Iowa. Made a great 60yd shot while this guy was making a scrape. Dropped him like a ton of bricks. Using my Old Encore 209x50 backed by 77.2g’s by weight of BH209 and a 250g Barnes Spitfire T-EZ. 100%retention! 100% retained energy! Cut bullet out under hide of opposite shoulder. 1 kid down. 2 to go...
Congratulations to you both. I shoot a identical load from a accura v2 and have collected a couple of those barnes's myself. They do a fine job. Good luck with the other 2. You shouldn't have a problem you seem to be putting them on the right path!

Latest posts

Back