Speed loaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohihunter2014

Reaction score
Right now I am using old pill bottles for loose powder speed loaders but they don’t work so great. What are you guys using?

X2, I use speed loaders. I usually carry 3 or 4 charges in my possibles bag. Cheap enough and work good. Back in my early days, I used those 35mm film containers.

For Range Shooting, I just started using Glass Vials from Buffalo Arms in a 20 Gauge MTM Case, it holds 25 Charges. A forum friend here Gifted me this Setup for Christmas. I am VERY impressed, they are SUPER Durable, Waterproof, and ZERO Static Cling. Gullo told me he has been using these for Many Years now, and has yet to Break one

aTzhteM.jpg

vjb8qG6.jpg

80 and 100 Grain Charges
qdFjlRi.jpg

Last edited:
+1 for Lane's Tubes on ebay (seller jesuslives2saveu). Your choice of screw-on cap color (red, green,white). I bought 15 of the long ones a couple months ago for less than $10.

I have used Lanes Tubes as well, They are a great product at a Reasonable Price. You have several choices to Choose from, Size, Cap Colors. You won’t go wrong with these :lewis:

Ditto on Lane's Tubes. For some reason a couple grains of the 209 always want to stay in the tube so I wipe mine a bit first with an anti-static cling dryer towelette.

Ditto on Lane's Tubes. For some reason a couple grains of the 209 always want to stay in the tube so I wipe mine a bit first with an anti-static cling dryer towelette.

Great idea.

You can also put some graphite on the end of an art paintbrush and swab the inside with a thin layer of graphite.
Graphite will conduct electricity, and takes care of the static problem.

I use these.

Attachments

• FDCC1428-8267-4BD2-9D6D-97B94F375F63.jpeg
    FDCC1428-8267-4BD2-9D6D-97B94F375F63.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 19
I use Lane's tubes. I think he still sells them, not sure - but they work great.
Same here and yes, he's still selling them. 100% waterproof

View attachment 12055

View attachment 12056
+1 for Lane's Tubes on ebay (seller jesuslives2saveu). Your choice of screw-on cap color (red, green,white). I bought 15 of the long ones a couple months ago for less than $10.
I have used Lanes Tubes as well, They are a great product at a Reasonable Price. You have several choices to Choose from, Size, Cap Colors. You won’t go wrong with these :lewis:
Are these the same size as the barrel/muzzle to where you can just turn upside down and pour? My pill bottles are too large and seem to let some powder leak over the side when pouring.

Are these the same size as the barrel/muzzle to where you can just turn upside down and pour? My pill bottles are too large and seem to let some powder leak over the side when pouring.
Lane's are pretty close but........... if you're having trouble spilling powder, use a small funnel. Plastic funnels can be made easily.

This is a common problem with All Plastic Tubes, until they get coated REALLY well with Powder Residue, you will get some Static Cling. You can STOP, or at least GREATLY reduce this by wiping the inside of them down with Powdered Graphite.
This is what I really like about my new Glass Vials, From BRAND NEW the Powder Slides through them effortlessly :) With ZERO Static Cling

My solution to static is to wipe with one of those dryer lint cloths. You can get them scent free for hunting purposes and I have found will not have a problem all season long with static. I don't consider the static to be a real problem as with BH209 only a few kernels would stay in tube. I have never had an issue with BP. I have incorporated measuring powder by weight as others and do not get excited when hunting. Long ago when the plastic tubes became available and discovered there many uses a fellow shooter discovered these ice cube trays at Wall-mart. They are perfect and work well in my opinion. They even store bullets with sabots perfect. I can get three bullet sabot combos in one tube. Just another solution. DWD

Attachments

• ice tray.jpg
    ice tray.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 20
  • ice tray 2.jpg
    ice tray 2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 19
I remember when the ice cube tray was mentioned. Never could find them at Walmart. Ended up with Lane's tubes coupled with MTM cases and they have worked great for me, especially with the colored tops at the range. Static was an issue at first but the dryer sheets did the trick. I can get 3 bullet/sabot combos in the tall ones and 100/110 gr by volume of powder in the short ones while hunting. I use a small funnel at the range and when hunting to pour the powder down the barrel. The glass tubes might be worth a try sometime.

Centerfuge tubes.. eBay. I’ve had the 2 piece, & glass viles over the years..
I prefer these for hunting: open with 1 hand, don’t lose the top. Also, my 45 cal conicals fit in them as well as 1/2 dozen 209 primers..
8E624C6E-5C0E-4B32-BA4B-7EAD2BABF45A.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a type of flip open cap, could even have been a T/C product, I do not remember. In my use my only complaint was eventually that flip cap eventually breaks and has came loose on me and partially emptied the tube in my pack. Just my preference and how I hunt needed something better. The idea is perfect quick easy to open. Those I had just did not last and prone to open.

Back