Speed loaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a type of flip open cap, could even have been a T/C product, I do not remember. In my use my only complaint was eventually that flip cap eventually breaks and has came loose on me and partially emptied the tube in my pack. Just my preference and how I hunt needed something better. The idea is perfect quick easy to open. Those I had just did not last and prone to open.

The original speed loaders by Butler Creek were really good. But they quit making them. :(
I have some and still use them with certain rifles, never had one break and I'm sure some of mine are 30yrs old. The newer versions (made in the last 10yrs maybe more) are much cheaper. I think CVA made them and somebody else.

Have or do you find the T/C speed loaders at about max powder capacity? I still use mine for quick follow up shot if needed. I don't think I could add more powder if needed.

Is that one you make?
Yes! I looked through my stuff and came up with tubes.
I kept 4 empty pellet style powder tubes which are perfect size to interlock with my 209BH powder tubes.
I simply cut pellet tubes the length to fit the need. So I could say it cost me nothing because I had all I needed.
The BH209 powder tubes came from a set I got from Amazon. I can't remember the brand of the pellet tubes because too long since purchased. Something like 777 may even.
Below the set of tubes are shown. l simply pull the orange stopper out then insert the shortened pellet tube. The fit is a press tappered fit so incidental spill not going to happen.

20200317_165805.jpg

Last edited:
I have the red and black magnum in 50 cal. The red will hold 110gr vol. Bh209.

Latest posts

Back