SPEEDBELT™ ARX® MUZZLELOADER BULLETS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busta

Reaction score
Looks like another solution to a non-existing problem to me? I seen these bullets in Wally World the other day. Injection molded nylon copper polymer, PowerBelt wannabe. Oh boy!

Here is a video with information and an axis hunt. Shooting the livestock. Listen to all the complaining after the shot. Probably a good thing that he hit the spine.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... laazFipPsH

https://www.inceptorammo.com/inceptor-a ... r-bullets/

https://www.umarexusa.com/products/umar ... elt-50-cal

Attachments

• images (6).jpeg
    images (6).jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 786
  • images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 786
  • images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 786
yeah should be a big hit :huh?:

Busta said:
Looks like another solution to a non-existing problem to me? I seen these bullets in Wally World the other day. Injection molded nylon copper polymer, PowerBelt wannabe. Oh boy!

images (6).jpeg

images (5).jpeg

images (1).jpeg

Here is a video with information and an axis hunt. Shooting the livestock. Listen to all the complaining after the shot. Probably a good thing that he hit the spine.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... laazFipPsH

https://www.inceptorammo.com/inceptor-a ... r-bullets/

https://www.umarexusa.com/products/umar ... elt-50-cal

I seen some pistol ammo quite sometime back with these same looking Polymer bullets.

Illegal to use in my state.

Must be expanding and the website states its non expanding.

I can’t imagine why anyone would want a bullet that does NOT expand by design?? Just Use a Barnes with 50 Grains V and you have about the same thing :D

But wait there's more, they can also be used in air rifles too! :?

Here is a few saboted versions.

What is most scary to me, is every Wal-Mart in the nation probably has these hanging on a rod. Somebody got a hell of a commission/payoff for making that deal.

I just feel sorry for the people that buy them, as my search discovered the are not very accurate. I feel more sorry for any deer that are shot with them. That axis deer was screaming for quite a while after the shot in that video, and that was 90 yards away. I'm surprised they didn't edit that out!

Oh well, what can you do? They are targeting the uninformed impulse buyer.

Here is a test out of a .450 Bushmaster that is hard to watch, but tells the story on penetration. It is compared to the Hornady 250 grain FTX (same bullet as the SST).

https://youtu.be/VZdVlDE7uYU

Attachments

• arx-speedbelt-bullets-021517.jpg
    arx-speedbelt-bullets-021517.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 676
They might be a bit smarter/honest than some other ML bullet mfg - at least they stated it's a 100 yard bullet..
Within this range a round ball would be just as lethal.

I have a hard time believing something like that made into production and an even harder time believing someone would even buy them . :wall:

Idaholewis said:
I can’t imagine why anyone would want a bullet that does NOT expand by design?? Just Use a Barnes with 50 Grains V and you have about the same thing :D
or just use hard cast.... :)

The Lehigh .452 Xtreme Penetrator Muzzleloader 250gr Bullet does not expand, thus we can not use it for hunting here, because of regulation. However, it seems to cause a shock when it impacts, and does penetrate. Follows is the observation when it was captured three years ago

The photo shows the jugs, and phone book arranged as they were before the shot. Usually when one shoots expanding bullets into water jugs, the first two are shredded, and the rest just have a hole in and a hole out without much more damage. Here one can see that the XP bullet just keeps inflicting damage as it travels through the jugs. The third, and fourth jug are too damaged to stand. The phone book was accidentally left out in the back of the truck, and it rained most of the night. The book was soaked, and luckily it expanded to about double it's dry size. This allowed for a capture of the Lehigh XP bullet, which was on it's way to Eenar. The bullet penetrated about half way into the soaked pages.

250xp2.jpg

More information is available here.

Right, but the Lehigh is not a frangible bullet that turns to dust when it hits something either. This bullet crumbles like a cookie!

Their salesman must be damned good, to get the Wal-Mart purchaser to bite on this? Obviously using the lead free pitch that the are environmentally safe bullets? He could probably sell ice to the Eskimos!

A polymer with a little copper powder sprinkled in, injected into a mold, and we'll call that a bullet. For hunting big game!

Busta said:
Right, but the Lehigh is not a frangible bullet that turns to dust when it hits something either. This bullet crumbles like a cookie!

Their salesman must be damned good, to get the Wal-Mart purchaser to bite on this? Obviously using the lead free pitch that the are environmentally safe bullets? He could probably sell ice to the Eskimos!

A polymer with a little copper powder sprinkled in, injected into a mold, and we'll call that a bullet. For hunting big game!
interesting, have you tested this yourself as I have with my pistols. They DO NOT crumble like cookies when shot through a piece of 3/4inch plywood then into ballistics gel out of a 44 magnum. I did this test 4 times. 1 Bullet had 25% chunk break off, the other 3 made it through fine. All penetrated into the gel further than my other hollow points. That being said, they did not create as nice a wound channel but they aren't coming out of a faster muzzleloader which theoretically would create more hydraulic damage.

Is the 44cal new because i cant seem to find it listed on their website?

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN
ARX Preferred Defense: 380 Auto, 9mm Luger, 40 S&W, 10mm Auto, 45 Auto, 38 Special 357 Magnum.
ARX Preferred Hunting: 45 Colt Lever, 450 Bushmaster, 458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf.
RNP Sport Utility: 380 Auto, 9mm Luger, 40 S&W, 45 Auto and 38 Special.
SRR Sport Utility: 7.62×39, 300 AAC Blackout and 223 Rem.

GM54-120 said:
Is the 44cal new because i cant seem to find it listed on their website?

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN
ARX Preferred Defense: 380 Auto, 9mm Luger, 40 S&W, 10mm Auto, 45 Auto, 38 Special 357 Magnum.
ARX Preferred Hunting: 45 Colt Lever, 450 Bushmaster, 458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf.
RNP Sport Utility: 380 Auto, 9mm Luger, 40 S&W, 45 Auto and 38 Special.
SRR Sport Utility: 7.62×39, 300 AAC Blackout and 223 Rem.
That’s a great question. I actually got them at shot show this past year so maybe they will be coming out. I didn’t realize they weren’t even out yet!

I've tried these and have been pretty impressed. Where I hunt, it's steep hills and thick woods so shots are under 50yds at most. I shot them out at the range out to 100yds and found them just as accurate as PB's and they hit hard.

define hit hard, all bullets hit hard just due to the velocity they travel.. have you killed any game with them, any pictures of game showing bullet performance.. just shooting a bullet and it being accurate doesn't guarantee performance, PB are a perfect example of this.

Enginere said:
I've tried these and have been pretty impressed. Where I hunt, it's steep hills and thick woods so shots are under 50yds at most. I shot them out at the range out to 100yds and found them just as accurate as PB's and they hit hard.

Latest posts

Back