Umabrex SpeedBelt ARX Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
A bit on the light side but it is a polymer/copper design. 180 grains and belted.
https://www.umarexusa.com/products/umarex-speedbelt-50-cal

I have some coming my way to test out, so maybe if they shoot close to the same POI as my round ball, I can give these a try in the field this September.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/285355351?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p>Umarex SpeedBelt ARX Muzzleloader Axis Deer Hunt from Umarex USA on Vimeo.</p>

Hey if they load easier than a hornady FPB, thats good. It will be interesting.

What doesn't load easier than an FPB?  What were they thinking when they made them .508?

Not a good day with these. I tried them at 100 yards with 80 Grains Pyrodex P and 2 out of 4 hit the 17" target. The two that hit, were 10 inches apart. I am shooting these 180gr conicals with a 1:48. Tomorrow I think I will try upping the charge around 100 grains Pyrodex P and see how that does.

The bullets are .509" at the base and in this St.Louis Hawken, they load VERY snug. Dirty barrel or clean barrel, they go down the same and I did not feel the bullet getting caught up in any crud.

I even recovered one! I am shooting into a stack of tires and found the plastic base stuck in the tire tread and then the bullet inside the hollow area of the tire. These bullets are not expanding bullet but fall apart into chunks. The bullet I recovered still looked unshot.

Lot more of experimenting to do, but I think I am going to stick to my patched round ball for bear this year until I get to do more testing with these bullets.

A very interesting concept to say the least!

And before I forget, Yes, the red plastic base does stay connected to the bullet during flight.
img_0019.jpg

img_0021.jpg

img_0020.jpg

img_0023.jpg

img_0022.jpg

img_0024.jpg

img_0025.jpg

The concept is interesting but the price is a turn-off.  I saw suggested retail for $24 per 15. $1.60 per shot!  What is the actual shelf price?

Latest posts

Back