Spotting scope?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Can any of you recommend a decent compact spotting scope in the $150 range? Mostly for 200 yard rifle range use but some deer stand use. Fixed power...20 to 30? Variable 15 to 45? COMPACT is what I am looking for.

RAZORBACK said:
Can any of you recommend a decent compact spotting scope in the $150 range? Mostly for 200 yard rifle range use but some deer stand use. Fixed power...20 to 30? Variable 15 to 45? COMPACT is what I am looking for.

I was looking thru Big6x6's Leupold spotting scope in Crossville. It seems compact to me, and it has really good glass on it as well. I'm not sure of the cost. :? I'm sure he will chime in later. :)

Grouse,
Although that Leupold Wind River Sequoia 15-45 is a GREAT scope for the money, it probably doesn't meet Mr. Ramseys idea of a compact scope.

hingespottingscopesgroups%20015.jpg

As one can see from this picture, the Bushnell Elite 15-45X60 is the most compact of the trio.

Although it's not in the price range you mentioned, IF I were in the market for a nice little compact spotting scope I would look hard at the Leupold Gold Ring 10-20X40 Compact Spotting Scope. I've only heard great things about it. And talk about compactness, it would fit in a backpack and you'd hardly ever know it!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20762&hasJS=true

What kind of rifle is that Chuck ? Some sort of custom action..

Im guessing 6br ...

Doohan said:
What kind of rifle is that Chuck ? Some sort of custom action..

Im guessing 6br ...

That's a Dorsey-sleeved XP-100 6PPC.

RWS-46%20003.jpg

Latest posts

Back