Srurless

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coelacanth47

Reaction score
Folks,
I've been trying to obtain a hammer spur from Traditions for my Pursuit Pro. Well, it's been three months & counting and it's still on backorder.

I'm wondering if the spur for the Knight KP1 will work?
I figure I may have to drill & re-tap the hole, but otherwise......??

Any hints available?

Regards,
Jack :roll:

personally I would wait for the one from Traditions. You tap that hole and it will void the warranty should anything go wrong with the hammer. Instead go to a hardware store with the hammer and find the correct screw that fits that. If you want you could heat and hammer the end flat, and use that in the mean time. Then keep it as a spare when the real one comes.

Traditions is kind of known for these parts that are on back order I was told by other people. I guess they do not make the parts all that fast in Spain.

Cayuga,
Interesting,...the next town over from us has the same moniker.

Yes, I thought of that. I even have a bolt with the correct thread pitch on my workbench. Guess the store boughten ones just looked prettier.

As to the warranty, I bought this rig with all the bells, whistles, add-ons, & loading materials (bullets, powder, primers, you name it) 2 years ago from a guy at work for 2 bills. I think the warranty has expired. But, I have a NYS gunsmithing license so I'm not too worried. My bigger worry is ever driving out the pins that hold it together. Boy, those furriners put 'em in tight! I may have to get a new set of brass punches.

Yes, I probably will wait. I don't really need it until next fall. I think maybe cabin fever is getting the better of me. I've never seen a New York winter like this one. Just something/anything to do until the lawn mowing starts.

But, thanks for the advice. Points well taken!

Regards,
Jack

cayuga said:
personally I would wait for the one from Traditions. You tap that hole and it will void the warranty should anything go wrong with the hammer. Instead go to a hardware store with the hammer and find the correct screw that fits that. If you want you could heat and hammer the end flat, and use that in the mean time. Then keep it as a spare when the real one comes.

Traditions is kind of known for these parts that are on back order I was told by other people. I guess they do not make the parts all that fast in Spain.

Use a piece of tight fitting tubing on an allen head/screw ect and then cover the whole thing with shrink tubing to secure it all. It should last awhile and its cheap.

You're not the only one waiting on parts. My dad has been waiting on the cap and spring to his Tracker 209 now for almost 4 months. He was told that those parts are popular and were on backorder when he ordered them. Seems to me that Traditions needs to step up their game.

Yes,
I'm surprised at the delay. I have a feeling that it might be due to the fact that Traditions is merely an importer & not an actual manufacturer.
If I was to do it all over again I might be tempted to buy a T/C. I have one of their pistols & it's made like a BMW.
But, the price on the TPP was right & to be honest it's a tack driver at 100 yds+. I took a buck with it on the last day this year & it dropped like it had been struck by lightning.
So, I'll bide my time on the part. Or, if I get really bored ('cuz it never stops snowing) I'll just make my own.
I bet it won't take me 3 months.

8)

Jack,

Do you know what size and thread pitch the original spur is?

Actually, I don't.
I'm assuming it's metric. But, I haven't taken the time to make sure.
My workshop isn't heated & I've been reluctant to trudge through the snow anyway.
I simply assumed the one I ordered would arrive & relieve me of the responsibility. Oh, well....on to Plan B.
But, I do have an odd bolt that fits.
Now, if the temperature reaches double digits this week I'll try to find out.

:wall:

The part arrived today; about 4 months.
The thread is #4Mx.70.
Fits perfectly.

And, I would like to apologize for naming this thread Srurless. I meant Spurless, but obviously I'm an idiot.

:shock:

Latest posts

Back