Still learning...but looking for direction

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eujamfh

Reaction score
O.K. - I have pretty much come to the conclusion that a Savage 10ML-II is the way to go...but, since I am completely new, please QC by reasoning:
- gun is accurate, well made and durable
- can use smoke or smokeless propellant
- can use sights or mount a scope (drilled and tapped)
- still loaded via the muzzle (which I think is the only requirement for Virginia)

I am military so I move...so though the nexst few years I can use smokeless (Virginia) other states I go to may not (at which time I can guy use blackpowder or another substitute correct?)

My wife has cleared me to move forward...and since she is used to most my hunting guns and bows running over a grand...I figure I have a good budget to work.

Anything else I should know about? Also - since I would like (thought I know I will ge more later) to buy only one muzzleloader...is this the "best" gun to choose?

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks,
Matt

For the money I believe the Savage is the best value. But I must declare I am a Savage guy that was a Knight guy.

The Savage is a ML that I have loved to shoot and own. My only complaint about the Savage is the heavy weight. This is why my next smokeless will be a NULA. These are very accurate and light ML's. The NULA does cost about double that of a Savage. If you have the budget, I would also consider a NULA IMO.

Back