Stopping browning in safe..

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Winchester Safe Company e-mailed me today and said they were going to  ship me a new safe on Monday. It weighs 968 lbs., so it's not going to be fun and they state that it is delivered to the curb. We'll see what this amounts to.. I asked them about picking up the old safe and they said it's up to me to deal with it as they don't want it back. I'll figure out something to do with it...that does not include gun storage. 
Actually I am very happy with them at this point as they are going to stand behind their product and honor the warranty. I sent them numerous pic's of corrosion on the safe and even on some ammo that came out of the safe. Copper and brass takes a real beating in there...things almost look bead blasted  and then corroded in there. 
I'm convinced that it is a chemical problem and not a moisture problem with the safe. 
My only problem at this point is figuring out how to move these safes around ! Guess I'll use some pipes to roll them on as it has worked in the past.

Mofish said:
The Winchester Safe Company e-mailed me today and said they were going to  ship me a new safe on Monday. It weighs 968 lbs., so it's not going to be fun and they state that it is delivered to the curb. We'll see what this amounts to.. I asked them about picking up the old safe and they said it's up to me to deal with it as they don't want it back. I'll figure out something to do with it...that does not include gun storage. 
Actually I am very happy with them at this point as they are going to stand behind their product and honor the warranty. I sent them numerous pic's of corrosion on the safe and even on some ammo that came out of the safe. Copper and brass takes a real beating in there...things almost look bead blasted  and then corroded in there. 
I'm convinced that it is a chemical problem and not a moisture problem with the safe. 
My only problem at this point is figuring out how to move these safes around ! Guess I'll use some pipes to roll them on as it has worked in the past.
Mofish
 I'm happy that Winchester stood behind their warranty. It's hard to find that kind of commitment these days. Most companies figure they have your money, you deal with it?
 I agree, the safe moving will be a real pain in the butt.
Glad it worked out. I'll consider a Winchester safe now.
Stoney

I've got a couple friends that will come over and help move safes with me (they are a lot younger than me ! ) Lots of cussing and grunting involved with these heavier safes... Hopefully I can get the guy delivering the safe to dump it into the garage door at least. That would be a big help and not any harder for him than dumping it off in the street.

Mofish said:
I've got a couple friends that will come over and help move safes with me (they are a lot younger than me ! ) Lots of cussing and grunting involved with these heavier safes... Hopefully I can get the guy delivering the safe to dump it into the garage door at least. That would be a big help and not any harder for him than dumping it off in the street.
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out AND if there's any reoccurring issues.
Stoney

Finally got the new safe in today. It was a major hassle...concerning the amount of muscle required to get it into the spot where I wanted it, but it's there now. Hopefully it will stay in that spot and work as it should for the rest of my life ! 
I am proud to say that they honored the warranty..

Mofish said:
Finally got the new safe in today. It was a major hassle...concerning the amount of muscle required to get it into the spot where I wanted it, but it's there now. Hopefully it will stay in that spot and work as it should for the rest of my life ! 
I am proud to say that they honored the warranty..
Mofish
 FANTASTIC. I'm happy to hear that a company worries more about their reputation than a buck! Long life to your new safe
God bless:
Stoney

:Red tup: glad they took care of you and you were able to move it inside! I seriously would still consider something to control the humidity inside of the safe though. A backup plan is always smart and considering whats inside it, a wise investment.

Latest posts

Back