Strike out on day one of Ohio gun-

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandonj92

Reaction score
I hunt with my muzzleloader during Ohio gun- something that amazed me- I normally have 10-15 deer roam my property a day- normally I fill my tag on the first day- today there was zero animals on the property. Weird cut to the bone cold windchill but with rain all day- I even went and checked the bait station cams to see what happened the night before at the bait station- zero deer again. 2020 is a really bad luck year for me haha.

It will get better ,it was definitely a tough opening day ,had rain then turned to snow around 10 am .I did see some movement tonight no shots be back in the morning with my white muzzle loader.
Good luck be safe

I did see 8 between 8AM and 9 AM but the cold and wet drove me out by 1100 AM. May go tomorrow late if the wind is not too bad.

I hunt with my muzzleloader during Ohio gun- something that amazed me- I normally have 10-15 deer roam my property a day- normally I fill my tag on the first day- today there was zero animals on the property. Weird cut to the bone cold windchill but with rain all day- I even went and checked the bait station cams to see what happened the night before at the bait station- zero deer again. 2020 is a really bad luck year for me haha.
It was a shitty day all around...sat in that rain in my ground blind and saw nothing...then the wind picked up and the snow started...ugh. Saturday is looking much better...gotta work the rest of of the week. Like the ladies say...I shaved my legs for this?😂😂

It was a shitty day all around...sat in that rain in my ground blind and saw nothing...then the wind picked up and the snow started...ugh. Saturday is looking much better...gotta work the rest of of the week. Like the ladies say...I shaved my legs for this?😂😂

I was sitting butt deep in snow filled blind with a heater that was mysteriously broken (full tank no light even with a lighter -2020 bad luck again) and finally saw the big doe I’ve been looking for at 230pm (202lbs- field dressed at drop off) she walked by within 14yrds drop on the shot right through her heart- didn’t recover my bullet which I kind of wanted too-fist time using federal bor lock 270- it looks like it did open well but again 14 yrd shot at probably 1900fps(muzzle velocity is 2000fps).

I was sitting butt deep in snow filled blind with a heater that was mysteriously broken (full tank no light even with a lighter -2020 bad luck again) and finally saw the big doe I’ve been looking for at 230pm (202lbs- field dressed at drop off) she walked by within 14yrds drop on the shot right through her heart- didn’t recover my bullet which I kind of wanted too-fist time using federal bor lock 270- it looks like it did open well but again 14 yrd shot at probably 1900fps(muzzle velocity is 2000fps).
You earned it. Congrats.

Wow, that's a big girl!

I hear those big fat corn fed ohio does are even better tasting than the ones up here.
:elmer:
No question to it A fat Ohio doe’s taste better then Ky-WV-PA or MI does. I honestly hate the taste of our bucks though- I’d only shoot one if some kind of crazy state record walked out in front of me and his meat would be pretty much only used for stews other then the fish loins.

Back