success with thors and cva optima

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jono said:
looks like I need to find a .035 drill bit to open the flame hole.luck with yours!
Jono
I found the .035 drill bit at Ackland Grainger. They are big in Canada, but don't know if they are in the USA.

Bumped up to 100 BH209 and tried out the BH209 breech plug on my Optima. Might have turned the corner on my Thor problems!

I fired the gun 10 times in a row without any FTF issues. Had to tweak the scope and after that what you see below is a six shot string @ 100 yds. The low/right outlier was my third shot. Not sure what happened there but I blame myself.

So I'm going with this for the coming season. I have a lot of sabots to try as well but won't get to that until later this year after deer season.

Jono

https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/56/30/84/imag0414.jpg
imag0414.jpg

Jono, that is a great group with the Thor, and a deadly combo. Hope you get a big one. Sorry about the sabots, but with every thing I have going on I just plain forgot but will get them out to you ASAP.
Carlos

I'd say you are set! My Optimas love the 100gr BH209 charge with the 250gr Thor. I havent shot them in a while... maybe soon!

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with this right now. Just need to keep shooting to build my confidence that this will remain reliable and tight. Can't wait to get into the woods!

Carlos, no problem with the sabots. When ever you get a chance is fine. I won't be experimenting until December at the earliest. I appreciate your help.

Jono

Latest posts

Back