T/c black diamond question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelheader323

Reaction score
Long story short I have 2 of them they have been with me fir a very long time.. and I have been in the game for a very long time but I can’t recall if all I need to convert them from musket cal ignition to #11 caps is the nipple? Reason I ask is I would like to convert them
Both. I shoot both rifles often just like the rest of my collection but I’m starting to run low on musket caps, however I still have over 5k # 11 caps..

So will a t/c #11 nipple be all I need? Thanks In advance

Thanks guys, I’ll give it a go with one of my t/c nipples from one of my sidelocks and try it

All you need is the musket nipple.

Years ago i tried musket caps with my Black Diamond rifle. The musket cap made for a much dirtier action and i went back to #11 caps.

All you need is the musket nipple.

Years ago i tried musket caps with my Black Diamond rifle. The musket cap made for a much dirtier action and i went back to #11 caps.
That’s what I am looking for is a #11 cap nipple.

So I swapped it with a spare #11 from my renegade, it is shorter in profile than the musket nipple and the musket cap nipple protruded inside the breech plug where the #11 nipple sits flush at the bottom of the powder column . but I did toss a cap on it and it went off..so I’d assume it will work Fine

Last edited:
So I swapped it with a spare #11 from my renegade, it is shorter in profile than the musket nipple and the musket cap nipple protruded inside the breech plug where the #11 nipple sits flush at the bottom of the powder column . but I did toss a cap on it and it went off..so I’d assume it will work Fine
If it doesn’t, I might still have the one that came with my Black Diamond when I bought it. I’m never going to use either the percussion or musket cap nipples.

If it doesn’t, I might still have the one that came with my Black Diamond when I bought it. I’m never going to use either the percussion or musket cap nipples.
Let me know on that..I have a new 209 adapter for the BD I’ll never use. I don’t have the correct striker plus on my other plunger style rifles when I converted them to 209 I ended up going back to #11 caps anways because the accuracy was better

Also…can anyone tell me if the black diamond parts are interchangeable with the woods rifle or the thunderhawk?

Glad you found one. As others have said, you can use any 1/4" 28 #11 nipple. It doesn't have to be a T/C nipple. It also will not matter how long the primer side of the nipple is. I'm shooting a Thunderhawk and I shoot #11s with any brand of nipple I have.

Back