T/C Cheap Shots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
How do you like them? They usually shoot good in my guns. I shot a small buck with one over 80 grains of FFF Goex, and he went about 75 yards. Has anyone else used them on game?

I've shot lots of them but never shot an animal with them. Like you, they shot real well in the rifles I have tried them.

TC cheap shots

Are the TC cheap shots an all lead bullet? and what size & weights do they come in?

Art

They are an all-lead 240 grain hollow point bullet in a black sabot. Less than $10.00 for 20. In my $89.00 close out bin CVA they would shoot sub-1" groups at 100 yards.

i loved them in my NEF, but I only paid $1.88 for 20 at BPS on sale :shock: They worked very well on a 200 lb 8 pt.

My wife shoots them in her Knight Wolverine. They drop everything she shoots with them. She uses 100grs. pyrodex,with a fed 209 primmer. Closest shot for her was 15yds,and farthest shot was 128yds,killed both deer,as well as anything she could have used. The bullets expanded great,causing much internal damage,couldn't ask for much more! Ron

TC Cheap shots

Yup,...I went down to the barn & found a card/package ahning on the wall that a buddy picked up at a flea mkt. 7 gave them to me. They had been marked only $5.00. I guess i will have to try them out . I will probably try them with the supplied black sabat & also with the Harvester Short black. Probably with 90 or 100 grains BH209.
Art :wink:

Cheap shots

I've used them for years and they are a very fine bullet.In fact I'd like to get a mold made so I can cast them myself. My daughter and I have taken 11 deer with them, 9 were launched with a 40gr charge of 3f T7 ( 1340 fps) at ranges from 15 ft to 115 yards, all but 2 were pass throughs and the farthest a deer went after the hit was 40 yards. Expansion was excellent at all ranges and internal damage was truly impressive given the low ( ish) velocity. You can use them with complete confidence.

40 gr is what he has quoted before, still a little more power than a .44 mag from a handgun. I really liked these bullets, I might have to drag out the rest of them to try in the new traditions.

The cheap shots are very similar to the knight lead bullets. I cant tell you how many deer I have taken with the knight lead bullets. They are absolutely devastating AND very accurate.

T/C

269796.jpg

KNIGHT

modpicleadbullets.jpg

I have 20 of those that came with my Wolverine. I like the looks of them and plan on trying them out in my 700ML.

I have been using a .430 44 CAL 240 GR SWC HP (Hornady No. 11118) in a MMP Green sabot. Before the price of lead went up it was actually cheaper than the Cheap Shots. I have shot a lot of these as a target load with 45 grain (Goex 2f) charges and get single hole groups. Have not shot any game with them but would expect them to perform about the same as the Cheap Shots using a heavier powder charge.

Back