T/C ENCORE 209x50

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black powder

Reaction score
code: 5886 -stainless steel barrel ..will be my next buy ,would like to have some feed-back from owners that shoot this muzzleloader [pros or cons] this will be my 6th and last ML. and want to get as much information.

black powder said:
this will be my 6th and last ML.

Any man with 5 looking for the 6th is addicted. It will be the last until you crave number 7 or convince yourself to sell one and replace it.... :lol:

Just kidding!
My step brother has the pro hunter and loves it. He shoots 80 Gr. T7 and 405 powerbelts. You hear a lot of good about them on this site. Good Luck!

Hi
I really enjoy shooing my Encore ! Great Muzzleloader loaded with
110 grains of 777 pellets and 223 grain Powerbelts , 1 1/2 inch groups at one hundred yards
Great Firearm ,I;m positive you'd be happy with one !

Kevin

Mine shoots 1.25" groups at 200 yards. Installed Bellem 1X oversized hinge pin and 2.5lb trigger though.

TC209X50 .. let me take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum. Its good to have you here.

Black Powder in response to your question, I do not own one. But the rifle is a without doubt from all I have read and saw on television, just a great rifle. You do not become as popular in the sporting world as the Encore, being a second rate rifle.

I personally do not like the fit of the Encore. Something about the stock. Not that I could not get used to it, but it is not for me. If I had was no rifles and wanted a good rifle, I probably would buy the Encore and then the other barrels that I would need to hunt with. But if I want a muzzleloader and not a center fire, I see no reason for the Encore. I would look instead at the Triumph, Omega, or the Knight line of rifles. I just like them better.

I do not think you would go wrong with the Encore. While it might not be something I am interested in, its obvious you are. And I am sure it would be a good shooting, accurate rifle. And handle all your muzzleloading and with the addition of more barrels, your center fire needs.

well i did it sold all of my other M.L. ers and will now only use my T/C ENCORE ,,i like to use only one rifle and realy get used to it ..oh yes i still have my BROWNING STAINLESS STALKER .300WSM with BOSS for the heavy stuff [moose ,caribou and bear ...but we have a muzzleloader season and realy enjoy the "one shot only" situation ..i do not shoot anything heavier than .260 grain bullet with 100gr. of T7 ,so far it has worked well for me ..i shot a deer last week with my ROSSI and the T/C SHOOKWAVE it was a complete passthrough with almost no blood trail ,the deer ran for 50 yards before it dropped ...will also try out the 260gr. DEAD CENTERS next spring [we already have a foot of snow on the ground ]..

black powder,The Encore,is a great gun,and if your into centerfire(and it sounds like you are) they are hard to beat! With the selection of barrels and cal. that T/C offers,it could be a "one gun" arsnel! I have allot of center fire rifles,and really don't want to "sell off" any of them,but I keep looking at the C/F barrels. My Encore is a Pro Hunter. The stock on them are incrediable at soaking up recoil. Two of my friends have Encores,and ordered the Pro Hunter stock for them. They say it's a diffrent gun with the stock exchange,around half the recoil. I can shoot all day with 150gr. loads,and never give recoil a thought. The gun just shoots soft. Ron

Ron S said:
black powder,The Encore,is a great gun,and if your into centerfire(and it sounds like you are) they are hard to beat! With the selection of barrels and cal. that T/C offers,it could be a "one gun" arsnel! I have allot of center fire rifles,and really don't want to "sell off" any of them,but I keep looking at the C/F barrels. My Encore is a Pro Hunter. The stock on them are incrediable at soaking up recoil. Two of my friends have Encores,and ordered the Pro Hunter stock for them. They say it's a diffrent gun with the stock exchange,around half the recoil. I can shoot all day with 150gr. loads,and never give recoil a thought. The gun just shoots soft. Ron

thanks for the tip [i did not know that the stocks were inter-changeable ] but i will be ordering a LIMBSAVER recoil pad for my ENCORE . i put one on my .300wsm and it was the best thing i did so far ..

Limb Saver pad

Maybe I'm missing something but the Pro has a recoil by Limbsaver, right? If not you might look at purchasing that stock by itself?
Just a thought.

Re: Limb Saver pad

Buck said:
Maybe I'm missing something but the Pro has a recoil by Limbsaver, right? If not you might look at purchasing that stock by itself?
Just a thought.

yes u r right ...i ordered a LIMBSAVER yesterday ...i wanted to order the LIMBSAVER and the EXTRACTOR from CABELAS but they will not ship these items to CANADA ..ALIEN COUNTRY ???????? :roll:

Your Pro

I shot a buddies 209 wood stock (whew!)and then proceeded to put out 12 shots in a row from Pro siting in and playing w/ the loads. My shoulder was fine. That LS will save your day.
I sold a lot of guns to get my Pro as well.
Felt I have killed a ton of deer w/ the CF guns, now I want to get better in the woods and beating the animals at their own game. I love this stuff and changing my hunting style. Good Luck man!

I too put my pretty Laminate away and ordered the ProHunter thumbhole syn. w/limbsaver and yes it feels like a different gun. At first I was very worried if I'd like the thumbhole or not but it's worked out very good for me, I love the way it feels and the balance seems to be acceptable. Recoil is not near as noticed.

Thanks Cayugad, I've been a member over a Huntingnet for years and have read on this site alot, but really haven't posted over here. I notice alot of the same dedicated guys our over here as well.

Latest posts

Back