t/c encore accuracy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7mm Rem Mag MGM Barrel

Here is the latest groupings, after the break in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture306.jpg

well, MS keeps changing their regulations for the primitive firearms season. the way they were set up until this year was such that you could use an h&r single-shot in .44 magnum, .444 marlin, or .45-70. but that's about it. now the new regs provide that you can use ANY exposed-hammer single-shot rifle, provided it is .35 caliber or larger (of course smokeless muzzleloaders are still illegal :?: ). so .... now im thinking T/C encore in .35 remington or .35 whelen (yes, i have checked and the custom shop offers both :D ) w/ handloaded spitzer bullets, and there ya go. i just don't understand why they bother calling it a "primitive" season anymore.

Cooper,

Do you find the muzzlebreak necessary on the MGM 7mmMag barrel??

Chocdog

barrel hanger?

ive noticed several references to a Steve Stratton barrel hanger for the TC encore forend. What is it and could someone please post a webb site that would give more information, or where it can be purchased?

Re: barrel hanger?

band092 said:
Steve Stratton barrel hanger for the TC encore forend.

JC

http://www.strattoncustom.com/pages-mai ... ac36ef851c

The Hanger bar system offers the following advantages over the original factory setup:

Greater Accuracy Potential The hanger bar system will not eliminate all causes of poor accuracy but will virtually eliminate those problems caused by a "non" free floated barrel. The original factory forend hookup has two major issues. First, as you fire a few rounds and your barrel begins to warm up and expand, wherever the forend is touching the barrel and/or frame a pressure point(s) will be created against the barrel sufficient enough to possibly cause your groups to "string" or "walk" one way or another. Second, since the forend attaches directly to the barrel the amount of "torque" you use to tighten the forend screws can be detremental to accuracy as well as changing your barrels point of impact. If you don't happen to torque the screws down to the same degree every time you reinstall the forend your point of impact and/or group size can be affected due to the differing pressures transfered to the barrel. The hanger bar system is designed to reduce both of these potential accuracy issues. With the hanger bar the only points of contact with the barrel are the points where the hanger bar posts attach to the barrel. Once the hanger bar is tightened onto the barrel the pressure exerted on the barrel will always remain constant. The forend itself attaches directly to the hanger bar. It doesn't matter how much you torque down the forend attaching screws there won't be any measurable increase or decrease in pressure on the barrel. During the forend conversion for the hanger bar I make certain that the barrel is not touching the forend barrel channel and that the ears of the forend are not contacting the frame. This eliminates those pressure points as well. The hanger bar system will give you all of the advantages of a basically free floated barrel.
Stronger Forend Attachment This if particularily advantagous for higher recoiling chamberings and/or bipod use virtually eliminating "wallowed" out and egg shaped screw holes in the forend. Also greatly reduces the chances of stripping out the holes in the barrel itself or shearing the screws off. The hanger bar attaches to the barrel using the same factory 8-40 screw size but when tightened down the surface area of the steel posts against the barrel provide increased resistence to the "shear" forces of recoil. The forend itself attaches to the hanger bar using larger 10-32 button head hex screws making a very strong and durable mounting system.

Many Thanks

Thanks for the info on the barrel hangers, upon checking the webb site its something i will consider.

encore

I find the muzzle break on both my 7mm Rem Mag and 7mm-08 to be nice. I am not recoil sensitive;however, I do find them especially the mag a true joy to shoot and more accurate with the break..

I had a factory .25/06 barrel that wouldn't shoot anything into less than about 2.5'-3.5" at 100 yards. That seems to happen with a majority of the .25/06 barrels I have heard about. The rest of my barrels are all good to great shooters.

Latest posts

Back