T/C Firehawk?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusticbob

Reaction score
Local guy wants to sell a .50 Firehawk. He said it’s in great shape,(everybody says that). It has a SS barrel, no QLA, and walnut stock. Enyone had a good experience with one of these?…

+. Light, easy to carry and accurate.

- PITA to clean, especially removing trigger assm.

Traded mine in at a LGS (Maine) last December and was offered $170. It was in good condition. Walnut stock, blued metal.

Buy that rifle if the price is right.

My .54 Firehawk is a great rifle. Bought it at pawnshop, the tag read $175. Told the owner i would come with more money. She asked if i had $100. Gave the lady my $100 bill and walked out with a shop worn Firehawk that had probably never been fired.

Killed a bunch of deer and hogs with that rifle using patched round balls. My rifle cleans up in about 20 minutes. There's no breech plug to remove and the #11 cap keeps the action much less messy than a musket cap or 209 primer.

Sale fell thru, turned out to be .54 with QLA, some pitting in bore and around nipple, because he had a scope on it he never cleaned it properly. Walnut stock had a couple of big dings, looks like a beaver got to it. I offered him $50.00 but he wanted $100.
Good luck

+. Light, easy to carry and accurate.

- PITA to clean, especially removing trigger assm.

Traded mine in at a LGS (Maine) last December and was offered $170. It was in good condition. Walnut stock, blued metal.
your not supposed to remove the trigger assemblys on them believe it even says not to in owners manual.

Find another Firehawk! You won't be sorry.
My stainless Firehawk has given me the largest collection of inch or less 3 shot 100 yard groups than ANY rifle I've ever owned. Breech or muzzleloader and she isn't scoped. Aperture sighted btw. I love the 1-38 twist with .45 caliber XTPs up to 300 grains. What that twist does with full calibers is AMAZING.
They are a breeze to clean compared to removable plug rifles. And there's no need to remove the trigger mechanism when cleaning.
My 24 inch Firehawk is boss hen and ABSOLUTELY the last rifle I will part with.
Sorry for the gush, but she really is the best rifle I've ever had.
And I've had a LOT of rifles.

Latest posts

Back