T/C Omega 50 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In short..yes..the omega action is perfect for short profile rifles while not suffering a shorter barrel..and they hold up to moderate smokeless pressures.

Last edited:
I’m short..yes..the omega action is perfect for short profile rifles while not suffering a shorter barrel..and they hold up to moderate smokeless pressures.
Ok! Thank You Steelheader323! I'm really happy with my Omega and truly want another so both of my kids have one. I understand suping up our toys, but I was wondering why you would go to such extremes with an omega action and scrap the rest of the rifle. I would think a contender frame would make a solid platform to build a superb smokeless setup as well. Especially since there are a number of barrel configurations you could adapt to said gun. There are higher pressure load ratings in reloading manuals for contenders and Rugers

The barrel I got from Woodman arms is a 24'' barrell and as stated is capable of smokeless powder at least out to 300 yds.The omega I got today has a 28'' barrel and it gets heavy and in the way smetimes in a ground blind or a tree stand.

The barrel I got from Woodman arms is a 24'' barrell and as stated is capable of smokeless powder at least out to 300 yds.The omega I got today has a 28'' barrel and it gets heavy and in the way smetimes in a ground blind or a tree stand.
I see your point, my long barrel flinter takes two knees to support

Depending on the type of barrel,length of barrel and maker of barrel and other add ons.Check with Mark at Woodman Arms.He is a great man to talk to.All you are doing in some cases is changing out the barrel.

Depending on the type of barrel,length of barrel and maker of barrel and other add ons.Check with Mark at Woodman Arms.He is a great man to talk to.All you are doing in some cases is changing out the barrel.
Thank You! I'll have to check it out. My neighbor has a savage smokeless and gives me gruff about my goex guns. I do see the plus in it

Just asking ( as I am new to the forum) , but what purpose are you all going for with the aftermarket barrels on the omega actions? Smokeless?
Yes, smokeless or heavy BH209 capable. But let’s not forget all the other improvements Mark has made in these.

Welded one piece recoil lug block
Very high quality accurate barrels
Fast twist .45 cal
Nitride finish
Uses Marks fantastic adjustable plug
High quality picatinny rail
Two screw ramrod ferrel
No QLA

I have an Omega, stainless with factory camo synthetic stock. I love this rifle. Because of the QLA muzzle, it doesn’t shoot conicals very good, but sabot rounds it shoots very well out to 250 yds. It’s a great rifle, easy to maintain, and one of the best inline rifles ever built.

Latest posts

Back