T/C Omega ss or weathershield

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does the serial number of an Omegas that is SS start with an s? Trying to figure out an easy way from serial numbers to tell the difference between SS or weathershield. All I have is a couple pictures. Thanks in advance.

The stainless Omegas are bringing much better money than blued versions or blued covered with weathershield. Especially mint excellent condition rifles. What is he asking for it if you dont mind me asking?

Let me muddy the waters a bit, sorry.

Top muzzleloader is an earlier TC Triumph with a WeatherShield barrel, 4 digit serial # starts with an S.

Middle one is a TC Omega, earlier model with the welded lugs, SS barrel with a 5 digit serial # that starts with an S.

Bottom is an earlier model TC Impact, WeatherShield barrel, 4 digit serial # that starts with VBZ.

You can definitley tell the Impact is WeatherShield, the matt finish is much darker than the other two. The Triumph is hard to tell its WeatherShield, it matches the SS Omega almost to a tee. I bought a WeatherShield Omega a fews ago (sent it back cause it had a bent barrel) it matched the Impact WeatherShield.

I called TC and asked about serial #'s for the SS Omegas and he said those numbers are long gone, I'm not sure how true that is, maybe he didn't want to check any further.
I have heard that some WeatherShield barrels are chipping but the Triumph and Impact are holding up great, no chips, just a few small scratches from the kids hunting.

UeH21av.jpg

Last edited:
Back