T/C Omega success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dneice76

Reaction score
I started out hunting in Pennsylvania many years ago with a Browning 7mm Rem Mag and trust this gun more then words can say. Its accuracy has filled my freezer many times.
Last year I moved to Illinois and had to buy a slug shot gun. Man was I disapointed by the shotting distance limitations it had and its overall clunkiness. So then last January with my wifes blessing I started my search for a muzzleloader.
In August I bought a .50 cal T/C Omega, stainless with camo stock and thumbhole. I topped it off with cabelas 2.5-7 X 32 ML scope. With hopes of liking it I would upgrade the scope later. Because of family situation I was not able to shoot it until Nov 14, 3 days before the Illinois gun season. It was pouring rain and windy. Once I got it on paper I had no problem sighting in my Omega. I shot seperate 3 groups of 3 shots that all shots would touch when placing a quarter between them. I'm shooting Barnes TMZ 250 grain in front of 2 50 grain pellets of 777 with Remington primers. Now this is shooting fun.
Second morning of firearm season a roughly 160 class whitetail walked by at 7 yards. Somehow I missed even though I aimed low. After immediately reloading and watching the brute walk away into thick brush I heard a deer walking a ridge behind me. I spun around set my Omega hit the 130 class buck at 40 yards. It rolled down the hill and went a total of 30 feet after being hit.
Second afternoon of firearm season I was in the edge of the field with 20 mph winds from coming from my front left. I found a doe standing in a tree line and ranged her at 108 yards. I fired and found her 10 feet away after being hit.
Both shots passed through and destroyed the heart and ribs. Massive blood trails.
I must say that I am now a diehard ML fan. The 7mm would be sold if it wasn't for coyotes. The Omega is a great gun and I can't wait to find the sweet spot with a better scope to really get this where I want it.

Do NOT aim low at 7 yards. If anything, the projectile is already going to impact low but not by more than an inch or so.

Glad you like your rifle.

dneice76, Welcome to the forum!!! It's great to see another person from Illinois here on the site. That's a great success story that's for sure. Keep the stories coming. :yeah:

Back