T/C PROHUNTER

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boch

Reaction score
My great wife just purchased a Prohunter ML,then handed it to me an said hope you like this. So today i went out an resupplied with t7 pellets 200gr T/C shockwaves,Win.t7 primers. after 6 shots,the last 3 were in a .75gp. using 3 50gr. pellets. So heres my ?,which powder does everybody like best 777,J.shockeys gold, both are easy to cleanup with water. Iam not really up to date with all this new stuff out now. I did have a traditions lightning bolt with the muzzle brake a few yrs ago,but it is nothing to the prohunter. aaaany types of hints would be great . Thanks Boch

Welcome to the forum!

Everybody likes different things for different reasons. I am a 777 fan myself and I shoot loose powder instead of pellets. It's mostly my personal choice, I like to be able to taylor my loads a little more than pellets allow and loose powder is cheaper than pellets so that helps if you shoot a lot. You didn't say how far you were shooting but if that's 100 yard groups I wouldn't change a thing. I've taken three deer so far this year with the 200gr Shockwave and have nothing but praise for the bullet.

Boch,

Does your wife have a sister??? I could always use an extra Pro hunter.

What range did you get the 3/4 inch group with the 3 pellet load?? Also 777 loose powder is used the most often by the forum members here.

Chocdog

I like the powder that gave you .75 3 shot group.. :wink:

Boch;

First off let me welcome you to the forum it is great to have you here with us .

CONGRATS on the new Smoke Pole that is some great shooting my pref. is 777 2gf loose powder and Winchester 777 primers but if this load is giving you that kind of ACCUR. I would stick with it forsure. OOOOO by the way would your wife like a part time hubby or does she have a sister.
JUst KIDDING but all jokes aside CONGRATS.

RON G.

My Pro-Hunter likes three Shockey's Gold Sticks and a .451 300 grain Nosler Partition PP in a HPH 24 Sabot. I'm getting 5/8" 100 yard groups.

big6x6 said:
Doohan said:
I like the powder that gave you .75 3 shot group.. :wink:

Me TOO!

Me three! :D ESPECIALLY if that was at 100yds. Anytime you get sub 1" groups at that range, you found a GOOD combo for that gun.

My Encore gets sub 1" groups @ 100yds with 130gr 777 pellets and a 270gr Speer.

Latest posts

Back